★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

TripTrap (universal) $0.99 > FREE

03-14-2014, 03:35 AM
TripTrap (universal) $0.99 > FREE

TA Review 4/5 stars http://toucharcade.com/2014/02/03/triptrap-review/

Last edited by mrbiggles; 03-14-2014 at 03:42 AM.
03-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Ooooh Nice! Thanks for the update. Almost bought this a few times. Looks great.

03-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Up to 1-16 and it's great. First of all, I really like the art style. It's vibrant and nicely animated and has a lot of character.

The gameplay is great as well. One touch controls and single screen challenges like Run Roo Run or Galaxy Run but with more of puzzle focus without sacrificing the need for quick reflexes. The levels also feel far more free-form than those games, allowing the player to improve their attempts with fewer jumps. It controls perfectly and the challenge ramps up nicely, thanks to new hazards and obstacles. I haven't even tried puzzle mode yet, so there's a nice amount of replay value here. For 0.99, there's a nice chunk of content here and while there is IAP, it's totally unnecessary. If I hadn't known beforehand, I wouldn't have even realized the game had IAP

Edit: Puzzle mode is where the real fun is. Here, the Causal mode was just practice. You need to know the level, which direction a platform switch will take you, control your speed, time your jumps exactly.
Just to reiterate, this game does not disappoint. I finally perfected the first room (game is split into four rooms, each with 20 levels) last night and from the start, the second room throws new mechanics at you and personally I think, even more challenge. No slowing down here. It's definitely an action puzzler, combining the puzzler element of looking at the level and just figuring out what you need to do, and then the twitchy fast paced action side of actually accomplishing that

I'm having an absolute blast, really can't think of anything negative at the moment. I'd say it's probably one of my favorite one-touch control games (well technically not exactly one touch), even more so than Galaxy Run or similar titles. The art style is charming and colorful, the gameplay is challenging and fun without being unfair, and there's just a ton of content, both in terms of the number of levels and due to the two modes. While Puzzle Mode doesn't change the level layouts or add new hazards like hard difficulty in JCS2, it instead forces you to play better and plan better.

So if you couldn't tell, I highly recommend TripTrap.
03-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Downloaded! Thanks for the heads up!
03-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Thanks! This is really quite fun! The art is really great, nice work. Curious if the dev is working on another project...I would love to see more from this art team.
03-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Cool app

Life is not a party - but the party is life...
03-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks for heads-up.

Pine Entertainment