App description: Braveland is a turn-based game inspired by old-school strategies. You start as a humble warrior's son whose village was cruelly raided by bandits and use your wits and skill to become a commander of your own army. The game story takes place in a carefully drawn colorful world, which the path of your hero will go through.

- Turn-based battles in old-school style.
- Story take place in three unique corners of the world.
- More than 25 warriors and creatures from Goblins to Golems and Ice Guards.
- Intense boss fights at the end of each story chapter.
- Evolve your hero, customize your army.
- Various artifacts and rage magic.
- High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art.
03-16-2014, 07:20 AM
I beta tested Braveland and really enjoyed it. It's a Heroes of Might and Magic style combat game with hexagonal turn based battles and stacked units, with more linear world exploration (set paths, occassional branching). There's a resource (gold) management component forcing your to decide how to customize your army - add units, buy abilities, diversity unit types. Your "hero" has a series of unlockable special attacks, buffs, etc that can be used occassionally to turn the tide of battle and can be equipt with weapons/armor that alter stats. With linear world exploration and rewards from combat the game can feel mildly grindy at times but once you beat a foe they disappear so that keeps difficulty balance in check; losing battles rewards partial gold. Winning battles rewards gold but reduces payout by damage incurred (healing costs). Eventually you amass a large enough army you have to decide which unis to play or bench (up to 5). I enjoyed Braveland, it's simplified in some ways but a good mix of accessible casual play with traditional hexagon bashing. I'm surprised we haven't seen anything like Braveland (other than Palm Kingdoms, which is open world) yet. The art design is cute but generic and script is playful. Braveland is worth a download.

Last edited by undeadcow; 03-16-2014 at 07:24 AM.

03-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Sure will give this a download as soon it's up in the store!
03-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Looks like my kinda game. Hopefully it's not a soft launch

Youtube link | Pop Up

Currently playing: Terraria, Warhammer Quest, Junk Jack X, Starbase Orion, XCom
GameCenter ID: DHGamer
03-16-2014, 01:32 PM
When you upgrade equipment, does it reflect on your characters or are their designs the same, generic?
03-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Awesome! Been looking forward to this
03-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Sure will give this a download as soon it's up in the store!
Ditto! Look forward to this hitting the U.S. AppStore!
03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Braveland is availible now.

Braveland Wizard - the second book of our strategy game is released
www.TortugaTeam.com
03-16-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm not much of a turn based guy, but this looks pretty nice!