★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ant Wars - Highly anticipated game finally released!

08-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Ant Wars - Rank 59 in the US Top 100 on the first day!

It's out now!

Ant Wars is on the 59th place in the US Top 100 on the first day!

Appstore link

Full version of the highly anticipated game released! Over 3 thousand downloads of the Lite version within 2 days!

Ant Wars is a strategy game, where you command armies of ants on a battlefield. Your goal is to take out all of the hives by occupying the empty ones and attacking the others taken by your enemies.

You gain score after completing a level. The faster you complete, the fewer ants you loose, the more points you get.
If you complete all the levels or you lose all your lives, you can see your total score, which you can share online with others.

Feauters:

- 3 ant types
- 51 levels
- Agon based Online High Score
- Unique gameplay

Last edited by Hunnenkoenig; 08-17-2009 at 06:42 AM.
08-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Looks like Galcon, with ants.

08-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseloverFat View Post
Looks like Galcon, with ants.
its been said in the other thread, but, correct me if im wrong dev, it does not have random levels. Have yet to try it but that is what freedog said

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-16-2009, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
its been said in the other thread, but, correct me if im wrong dev, it does not have random levels. Have yet to try it but that is what freedog said
you must be getting me confused with someone else, I didnt even know this game existed until today and I never made any comments about it.
08-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
you must be getting me confused with someone else, I didnt even know this game existed until today and I never made any comments about it.
lol I dont know how that could happen, everytime i hear toftt i think of you

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
08-16-2009, 02:47 AM
lol be careful what you say, I know nothing about this game until today looking at the screenshots.
08-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Looks nice. Just bought it - will play properly later. Wish devs wouldn't put tacky text across their icons though (this reads 'full' diagonally across it) - I paid full price - I want a plain icon without any cack written on it!

Jamie
08-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Looks nice. Just bought it - will play properly later. Wish devs wouldn't put tacky text across their icons though (this reads 'full' diagonally across it) - I paid full price - I want a plain icon without any cack written on it!

Jamie
Hahaha, that was my first thought when I saw the icon, too. The game is excellent, though.

[CENTER]Check out my iPhone App review site at http://appgirlreviews.com/
08-16-2009, 04:10 AM
I agree....

Sounds petty I know, but I can't stand bad looking icons. Lites I can see, but not paid apps, remove the "Full" please. I also hate when devs use the standard icon template that has the reflective curve in the middle. It looks ok for some apps (mostly standard iPhone app) but most games look bad with these. I like solid looking icons.......Just finished downloading game and will try it now, the "Full" version.
08-16-2009, 04:34 AM
It has hand crafted levels.

We will take the icon issue into consideration. Thank you for your feedback!

Please review the app on itunes!

Try our other games Rollercoaster Builder and Space Jam too!

Thanks!