Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-17-2014, 05:54 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Flappy Friends! Multiplayer - (by Backtothis)

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flappy-friends!/id829289344?mt=8

To the TA community:

After being a huge fan of iOS games for over five years, I figured it was finally about time to try to make a game. My partner had never even touched a Mac before we began our project about a month ago. The crazy guy took a leap of faith and went out to buy a desktop Mac just to make games with me, after some convincing of course!

Man, we have had quite the adventure making this first game. We experimented with just about everything you could put into a simple game like this one and even had to deal with Apple for the past few weeks. Heck, our second game, which I am extremely excited about, will probably be out this week! That is how long the process for Flappy Friends! took. Nevertheless, I look forward to the next few days and weeks. We have already completed our first update, which includes a ton of updated art and visuals to make the game look much more appealing.

I have been a proud member of the TA forums for many years now. It has been my go-to place for a long time; I mean, I have over 13,000 posts here and am a moderator! Heck, I probably haven’t ever missed checking what games were going to come out on a Wednesday night.

I hope you guys will take the time to check out this first game of ours. It is not original by any means, but I think it one-ups quite a few of the the Flappy derivatives out there. We did not know the first thing about developing games for the iOS before we started, but I believe we made a pretty decent first game after a myriad of experimentation.

You can support us by doing just about anything: 1) posting in this thread, 2) sharing our game link, 3) downloading our game, 4) clicking an ad, 5) buying an in-app purchase, etc. If you do decide to take the time to download and play our game, we hope you will rate and review it. We would love to read any feedback, especially comments about the things we can improve.

Thank you so much for your time, and I hope you guys will look out for our second game too once it is out in the near future. We truly enjoyed the time we spent making these first two games.

Best,

Sean

Last edited by backtothis; 04-04-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Old 03-17-2014, 07:57 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hihi I'm the aforementioned crazy person! I'm new to Touch Arcade and iOS gaming in general, but such as it is here is our first creation! I'm really excited for our second game as well, which should be coming out later this week and is an original game that will test the limits of your mental speed, agility, and endurance!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Congratulations B2T! And welcome to TA Pro. Will try it out.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Congratulations B2T! And welcome to TA Pro. Will try it out.
Thanks a lot C7. This first game taught us quite a bit about developing games for the iOS, so it might not be the most exciting one. I would say the two of us are "addicted" to our next game though, for better or worse. See you around.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I gotta say I'm so proud of you dude, I feel like one of those people that say they used to sit next to Steve Jobs in school

Even though we've never met I feel I know you since you're one of us and you did what most of us have only dreamed of. So congrats and count on me to help any way I can to promote your app

As a small token of how proud I am I put your game link in my signature and I've only ever done that for one dev keep it up
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnok View Post
I gotta say I'm so proud of you dude, I feel like one of those people that say they used to sit next to Steve Jobs in school

Even though we've never met I feel I know you since you're one of us and you did what most of us have only dreamed of. So congrats and count on me to help any way I can to promote your app

As a small token of how proud I am I put your game link in my signature and I've only ever done that for one dev keep it up
Man, what a post this is. Thank you for the kind words. We have really enjoyed the past month or so of working on iOS games. Please let us know about anything we can improve. As mentioned, our update is ready to be submitted. We changed a ton of the art and UI to make the game look much better.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Oh wow thanks so much dreadnok! Wait till you see our original game come out (hopefully the latter part of this week/weekend). We are really truly addicted to that game, and I think it may have mutated Backtothis's brain into something superhuman...

I'm not quite sure what we have unleashed.

Last edited by backtothis; 03-17-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Wow, I actually really like this game. Great job!

JK, I actually know backtothis really well. I got my family pretty addicted to this game, and that's saying something for my super noob family. Great job boys.

Last edited by tecobiza; 03-17-2014 at 09:56 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks a lot tecobiza! We aim to please and entertain !
Old 03-17-2014, 10:17 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Congrats! I thought I recognized your name on the other forums.