★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Snood is out $0.99 Sale

08-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Snood is out $0.99 Sale

I just randomly searched on iTunes and Snood is showing up for me:

International

NZ$5.29.

US$3.99
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324647478&mt=8

I'm downloading. I'm a big fan of many of the EA ports, I liked Snood back in the day, and this version looks good.

Large download - 40.6 MB.

Last edited by DaveMc99; 08-16-2009 at 10:25 PM.
08-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Currently not in the us appstore. Have fun with it while the US waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.

08-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebeswordguy View Post
Currently not in the us appstore. Have fun with it while the US waits
Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be out soon

Did you try searching on the US store, or did you just hit the link? International version is normally a separate entry in the iTunes store, so that will definitely show up as not available on the Us appstore.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 08-16-2009 at 07:59 AM.
08-16-2009, 08:01 AM
No matter how much i`ll love to get it right now, I m not going to pay 4$ for it. Would have paid 4$ earlier but not any more. Thank you doom for ruining it all.
08-16-2009, 08:02 AM
snood redood right?

Quote:
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

08-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Screenshots:

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
08-16-2009, 08:34 AM
does this have online play and is it a copy of Bust-a-move if so, I am interested.
08-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I have never played it.

Is there anything unique about snood besides the graphics, or is is just another bubble-blaster game?

Michael
08-16-2009, 08:39 AM
im pretty sure it was the original bubble blaster game.

Quote:

08-16-2009, 08:44 AM
Initial impressions:

This game is good, it's the snood I remember!

You can play with old school snoods or new designed ones. Even on old, the snoods still look updated from the version I played nearly ten years ago. To be honest, I don't mind either set.

Here's what the old Snoods look like:

There are some new special snoods, but I haven't encountered them yet. I'm not sure if it's new to Snood, but definitely new to me are sleeping snoods. These guys have to be awaken by hitting with any other snood before they can join.

Controls are solid - swipe left or right anywhere on the screen, and tap the launcher to fire your snood.

It seems to have extensive multiplayer, and online achievements, but as I don't have Facebook, I cannot access these features.

Has Child, Normal, Medium, Hard and Evil difficulties.

Has a story mode, classic play, time attack, and puzzle. The puzzle mode is where I used to spend a lot of time. I can't remember, but if I play puzzle on Child, do I eventually hit the easy and medium levels?

Man, brings back memories.

Oddly, the menu screens are in landscape, but the game is in portrait.

This is a great port so far.

mlkaufman - it's pretty much a standard bubble buster. But I really enjoyed the puzzle mode back in the day, which was kind of unique if I remember and the physics in the game were a bit different to puzzle bobble - if you aimed right you can kind of stick snoods or slip them through. Didn't really play enough puzzle bobble to remember how it was for that game.

Last edited by mrkgoo; 08-16-2009 at 08:49 AM.