★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's solitaire as you love it, but with a twist that has made it one of the most celebrated franchises ever: it's solitaire with power ups with friends with golf!

The goal is to play cards one higher or lower and clear the cards off the board. The twist is that you get to use an array of power ups to help you beat challenges that are designed around hand-crafted card layouts. All played on golf courses that include hazards like crab grass, and sand traps. All together, you've got a unique solitaire puzzle game that earned the franchise IGN's Fan Favorite Mobile App and Mobile Game of the Year nominations in 2013. Devise your strategy then attack the course!

But don't be entirely mislead. This is also a game about friends; not just any friendsyour friends! Login to Facebook with your friends so you can help each other. (We wont share or post anything on your wall, promise! We just want you enjoy the game with the people you know!)

Fun gameplay that is easy to understand but offers challenges along the way
180 levels with more on the way all the time!
Loads of challenges to make each level different
Special "bonus" cards to help you reach your goals
Leaderboards to see your friends and their scores
A funny story with a cast of critters
Saved progress as you hop from device to device (account required)

*** Discover more from Big Fish! ***

Sign up for our newsletter and never miss a new release or promotion again: http://bigfi.sh/iSplashNewsletter

Big Fish is the leading global marketplace to discover and enjoy casual games. You can enjoy our virtually endless selection of games anytime, anywhere on your PC, Mac, mobile phone, or tablet. Learn more at bigfishgames.com!

Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BigFishGames

Follow us on Twitter: http://bigfi.sh/BigFishTwitter

strivemind's comments:

03-19-2014, 10:37 AM
So far this is really disappointing in comparison with the original Fairway Solitaire...

- less gameplay mechanics. I'm yet to see a water or sand trap
- no daily games or unlockable courses
- no upgrade system
- no bonuses for long runs
- no club system for unlocking specific clubs

Instead we get:
- powerup cards that clear thing in a row vertically, horizontally, etc.
- a big winding map of levels requiring you to clear one level before you move to the next
- 5 lives that take 30min each to replenish
- Facebook integration to beg your friends for lives
- IAP for $.99 to refill your lives
- IAP for $39.99 (yes, $40), to expand your 5 lives to 6.

So basically this is Candy Crush with a faster streamlined Fairway Solitaire gameplay.
Some may enjoy it, but I prefer the original.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

03-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah the wife loves the original but couldn't get into this one.

GC: UnSurreal
03-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Game Impressions

03-19-2014, 03:21 PM
I stopped playing the original because I felt it was pushing the IAPs too hard. Can't see myself getting on any better woth this one!
03-19-2014, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
I stopped playing the original because I felt it was pushing the IAPs too hard. Can't see myself getting on any better woth this one!
My wife and I both played through the original, bought every single upgrade and most of the dailies, all without spending a cent on IAP or grinding for cash.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
My wife and I both played through the original, bought every single upgrade and most of the dailies, all without spending a cent on IAP or grinding for cash.
Me too. This on the other hand is just a cash cow. At least the first had a one off payment and then you really didn't need to buy any Iap. This is one to avoid