Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Roll Back Home by Dawn of Play

Last edited by killercow; 03-20-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

I was lucky enough to receive a pre-release code and I can't recommend this game enough. The most comparative game is probably NightSky, but the wonderful sketchbook style and more involved physics puzzle-platforming gives Roll Back Home a style all its own. The tilt controls are effective and responsive (full touch controls are in the works) and it's the little details that really make Roll Back Home stand out, from the flip book countdown when you start a level to how sticky black surfaces cling to your ball.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Not a huge fan of tilt mechanics, but if done right, they can work very well (Tilt to Live). Color me intrigued. I'm curious as to the pricing and size.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Glad to hear about the controls working well. I'm a sucker for a goods physics puzzler. Can't wait!
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM

I still have Dream of Pixels permanently installed on all my devices. I have no problem giving these guys more of my money.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Big mistake... I thought this was going to be released another week, so I haven't played it a lot... but from what I did play, is as good as NightSky.

Follows the story of a white ball that fell of a car and needs to go back home (hence the title). Then you are on your own in a mace full of physics obstacles involving the use of your brain so solve them and advance. The art style is gorgeous and makes the world feel alive, the animations of the ball are also beautiful, the amount of polish and love that Dawn of Play has added to the game is incredible, every single detail screams polish. Tilt controls works here well (touch controls are coming soon), and you can touch the screen to jump.

From what I played (I intended to finish it before launch) is a fantastic adventure full of surprises. And NO IAP.

So far, I have really enjoyed it. It worth the 3$ asking price by far.

Last edited by TheFrost; 03-19-2014 at 10:14 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneyCork View Post
I still have Dream of Pixels permanently installed on all my devices. I have no problem giving these guys more of my money.
Thanks, that is really really good to hear!

And you know how it works - as long as you throw your money at us, we have absolutely no problem making more games for you!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I was lucky enough to receive a pre-release code and I can't recommend this game enough. The most comparative game is probably NightSky, but the wonderful sketchbook style and more involved physics puzzle-platforming gives Roll Back Home a style all its own. The tilt controls are effective and responsive (full touch controls are in the works) and it's the little details that really make Roll Back Home stand out, from the flip book countdown when you start a level to how sticky black surfaces cling to your ball.
Thanks, that is so good to hear!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cg2005 View Post
Not a huge fan of tilt mechanics, but if done right, they can work very well (Tilt to Live). Color me intrigued. I'm curious as to the pricing and size.
$1.99. 58Mb.

Thanks!!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Big mistake... I thought this was going to be released another week, so I haven't played it a lot... but from what I did play, is as good as NightSky.

Follows the story of a white ball that fell of a car and needs to go back home (hence the title). Then you are on your own in a mace full of physics obstacles involving the use of your brain so solve them and advance. The art style is gorgeous and makes the world feel alive, the animations of the ball are also beautiful, the amount of polish and love that Dawn of Play has added to the game is incredible, every single detail screams polish. Tilt controls works here well (touch controls are coming soon), and you can touch the screen to jump.

From what I played (I intended to finish it before launch) is a fantastic adventure full of surprises. And NO IAP.
THANKS! So good to hear!

Quote:
So far, I have really enjoyed it. It worth the 3$ by far.
THANKS MAN! $3, man, that's awesome! .... since we only want $1.99 for it...

Ok, we can say we're launching with a 33% discount! :P

Seriously now, this question pops up:

How would you guys feel if we increased the price when adding - wait, wait, IF adding - a new chapter?

Thanks!