App description: Quarto is a critically acclaimed 2-player strategic game. Its rules are so simple that you can pick it up within a minute. Despite being short and simple, Quarto matches are challenging. This game is easy to play, but difficult to master.

Give it a try!

Game features:
- Play against the computer on 4 difficulty levels
- Advanced Mode (2x2 winning setups)
- 1-vs-1 on one device
- GameCenter: Challenge others via auto matchmaking
- Highscores and achievements
- Runs on iPhone and iPad
- Optimized for iOS7

The rules are simple:
- Your opponent selects a tile.
- You place it on the field.
- Select a tile for your opponent.

A Player wins by completing a row of four pieces, that share one common attribute.
Rows are vertical, horizontal or diagonal.

Attributes are:
- circular or square
- small or large
- red or blue
- perforated and solid

Experienced players should try the advanced mode, which provides additional 2x2 winning setups.

Have fun!
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Is this any different from the other games that feature this exact same gameplay? Does it offer anything new or a twist of some sort? A new skin and color palette is ok I guess, but it needs more than that for me to pick it up.
03-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Anyone know if this is officially licensed?
03-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Doubt it :-(
03-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
Is this any different from the other games that feature this exact same gameplay? Does it offer anything new or a twist of some sort? A new skin and color palette is ok I guess, but it needs more than that for me to pick it up.
-It has a very nice ai for the singleplayer
-If two good players play Quarto the classical way it ends up in a draw most of the times. This app provides a new mode which also counts 2x2 squares, which makes the game more interesting.

Compared to the two other Quarto-apps I found on the iOS App Store this one is much better!