App description: Do you have what it takes to achieve Perfection?

Toucharcade Picks of the week.

Pocket Gamer Bronze Award - " a simple, enjoyable puzzle title that gives your brain a bit of a jog"

iDownloadBlog - "Fans of simple puzzle games should grab this now"

Razorianfly.com - 10 New Apps You Should Totally Check Out This Week

Adrian Isn's Tech Channel - "Fun game you should defiantly check out"

Perfection! is a game so beautifully simplistic in concept and design that you wouldn't believe it can be so complex, entertaining, challenging and addictive.

Take just a minute to get to know Perfection! and you will find yourself getting lost in the charms of this new and unique puzzle game for hours.

Your goal is to activate all of the tiles on the grid. If you can do this while only activating each tile once and without using any of the available power ups then you have achieved perfection.

Designed to take advantage of iOS 7 and larger screen sizes. Perfection is a universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

A never ending challenge to suit every level of gamer from first timer to experienced veteran.

One deceptively simple game style that is adaptable, endless and utterly addictive.

3 Game modes to try and master:

- Rotary, one for the true strategists.

- Random, shuffle things up a bit.

- Timed, serious game, serious pressure.

5 different game board sizes on iPhone & iPod Touch and 10 different sizes on iPad.

Game Center Leaderboards to see how you compare to the rest of the world.

Game Center Achievements.
03-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Any info on how it plays ?

Bewi

03-19-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm on a puzzle roll lately and this looks like fun. Probably my only purchase this week.
03-19-2014, 10:16 PM
What the heck are you supposed to do? I checked the dev's site for a vid, but nothing. The app description isn't helpful, neither are the pics
03-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
What the heck are you supposed to do? I checked the dev's site for a vid, but nothing. The app description isn't helpful, neither are the pics
First rule of the App Store: tell us what your game actually is/how it plays. Oy.
03-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Hm, I tried it out, it still doesn't even explain itself well in the actual game. Basically, your goal is to get rid of the circles with the arrows. You tap any circle with an arrow on it, and it will affect the circle immediately next to it in the direction it points. If that neighbor circle has an arrow, it will remove that arrow, turning it into a blank circle. If it's a blank circle, it will turn it into a bouncing circle. If it's a bouncing circle, it destroys the circle and you lose.

There are other things that happen that I don't quite get. Like sometimes when you tap a circle, it's arrow will be replaced by another arrow pointing in a different direction (presumably random?) but sometimes it will remove the arrow altogether.

The game is odd, and suffers from lack of instruction and some clunky design, so I don't particularly recommend it.
03-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
Hm, I tried it out, it still doesn't even explain itself well in the actual game.

The game is odd, and suffers from lack of instruction and some clunky design, so I don't particularly recommend it.
Thanks for taking the bullet for us. The screenshots looked interesting and I was debating going for it, but the complete ambiguity of the gameplay had me hesitant to pull the trigger.
03-20-2014, 05:04 AM
I have sent an email to the developer about the insufficient discription,
and that I think he should make a gameplay video.

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
03-20-2014, 05:31 AM
Been playing this morning and I get it but not sure I can explain it, I'll try by best.

The easiest setting is a three by three grid of circles, each circle has a pointer on, tapping a pointer on one circle removes the pointer on the circle it's pointing to, the pointer on the square you have tapped rotates. Once the pointer has gone that circle is activated. And activated circle can only be hit once more and it will pulse to let you know that if you hit it again it's game over. The aim is to remove all the arrows, and if you manage to so without hitting an activated circle then you get extra points for perfection. You get two shuffles per level which don't always help so you kind of have to assessif it's worth shuffling to go for perfection but also taking the risk that the arrow will point to a pulsing square.

If there's no video posted by the time my daughter gets home from school I'll get her to video me playing. It sounds really complicated but it's really simple once you know what you're meant to do. The tutorial could explain things a bit better, I'm wondering if English isn't the devs first language hence the lack of description.
03-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Any gameplay videos ?