Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Dungeons of Evilibrium - dungeon crawler collectible RPG (By Zillion Whales)

Quote:
NZ Release info:
Dungeons of Evilibrium is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 90.1 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements:
Requires iOS 6.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Hello, fellow Touch Arcade users. Dungeons of Evilibrium is a dungeon crawler game published by Zillion Whales. It has just been released to the App Store in NZ and will be available in other countries in the following hours. We have also released the final for ow Android version of the game.

Dungeons of Evilibrium is an roguelike MMO with tactical elements of TCG strategies and the dungeon crawling exploration of roguelike games.

You are invited to take part in an epic campaign exploring dangerous dungeons, developing party members, collecting artifacts, and fighting in dynamic battles. Along the way, you will battle with both forces of Chaos and other players.

Features:
• FREE TO PLAY
• BATTLE in adventures and PvP
• CUSTOMIZE your army deck to gain a strategic edge
• OBTAIN rare artifacts and EVOLVE your heroes
• JOURNEY through the vast world and events
• GET new characters and dungeons in free updates

SCREENSHOTS:
Dungeon Exploration, the World Map and Character Home

Battles and PvP Tournaments:

Dungeons of Evilibrium is now available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch through the following link: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/id828362719?ls=1&mt=8.

Last edited by Zillion Whales; 03-20-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:58 AM

Hi dev, why is there a brunch of lvl 30+ in the top 10 list already?

Also, evilibrium and your this game is almost the same. I don't really see much changes. Please kindly point out what are the major changes u guys includes here and is not found on evilibrium and I will do a immediate check.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Hi dev, why is there a brunch of lvl 30+ in the top 10 list already?

Also, evilibrium and your this game is almost the same. I don't really see much changes. Please kindly point out what are the major changes u guys includes here and is not found on evilibrium and I will do a immediate check.
Hello kenken11,

We've decided no to wipe anyone's progress of the original game and to move as much data as possible on to the new one. This, most of the heroes and artifacts you owned, as well as XP and currencies will remain with you if you've played the original game.

Here's where the trick starts: all other content has been wiped and then redone. Thus, we present new adventures, storyline, pvp zone and a total rebalance of creatures. But what's more important, a new type of Unique (U) heroes obtainable though the whole-new Collections feature.

Each player is able to view his Collection from the Home screen and check how much progress along any type line he or she has done. Completing any collection line rewards with a corresponding Unique Hero of that line's type.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM

Why such a hassle for android users? I mean I really want to try this game out but I don't feel like joining any groups..

The game looks great by the way! Kudos
Old 03-19-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLjaan View Post
Why such a hassle for android users? I mean I really want to try this game out but I don't feel like joining any groups..

The game looks great by the way! Kudos
Hi NLjaan,

We wanted to gather as much feedback before the release The OBT lasted for the last month, and helped us to greatly optimizie the game and fix the memory leakage. Still, there are some issues with Galaxy devices, but we will surely release the game tomorrow.

K.R.,
Zillion Whales

Last edited by Zillion Whales; 03-19-2014 at 10:52 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillion Whales View Post
Hi NLjaan,

We wanted to gather as much feedback before the release The OBT lasted for the last month, and helped us to greatly optimizie the game and fix the memory leakage. Still, there are some issues with Galaxy devices, but we will surely release the game tomorrow.
Alright that's fair enough. I have a Galaxy S4 i9505 running kitkat 4.4.2, non-rooted. Any major issues with this model? If not I'm just gonna join your group and try your game out today, as I must say it really looks awesome!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 AM

Dear dev,

Firstly, you mentioned in the upcoming game section that this game should be a sequel to the original game and it's a brand new standalone game.

But now you are saying that the player's data from the original game will be imported and will remain in this new game.

So new game + old player data = Are u kidding?

Secondly, is this fair to the new players?

Lastly, I don't recommend this game to any new players out there.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:04 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm going to repost my impressions from the original game, as most mechanical aspects of the game are similar enough (in many cases, identical) that my assessment still seems to apply:

This is a truly confounding game. I'm not far into it, and I will not be, but there doesn't seem to be any actual gameplay involved. You tap tiles to reveal them, and them tap monsters to watch your own creatures automatically battle the enemies. There are no choices involved, neither in revealing tiles nor in the battles (beyond selecting priority targets of auto-attacks). There might be some choice in the acquisition and evolution of your creatures in between battles, but that still makes Dungeons of Evilibrium less involved than Puzzle & Dragons and clones (games with similar create collection and evolution mechanics), where the player can at least influence battles through puzzle sequences.

The new subtitle ("dungeon crawler collective RPG") does suit the game much better than the old "Mythic-themed tactical RPG" (a moniker that was, at the very least, misleading).

Much like in the original game, I am really curious (truly curious, not being sarcastic) as to why someone would spend all this time on very nice art assets, thematic music and a satisfying presentation, only to not develop any actual RPG or tactical mechanics to go with.

Last edited by Ayjona; 03-19-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Man, I hate posting negative things, especially when they serve no purpose for actually improving something, but I was pretty excited about this game until I read there were already level 30s and existing player data from a previous game carried over; primarily because now I dont feel like id be starting on an even keel which isn't good when there is PvP involved. Which in turn quells any urge to play.

So I ask, what was the reason for carrying over old player data to a new game?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM

I am not saying this is a clone (as that word gets thrown around way too much) but at first glance it reminded me a lot of Dungelot. I hope this game works well because it looks fun.

I am not a big fan of fremium games but a few have come out lately that are actually pretty good (as I duck tomatoes from those who hate them)

Anyhow, I am keeping a eye on this one as it looks good on the surface. Just hope the rest of it holds up under scrutiny =]