Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2014, 09:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Monster Legacy (By Outplay Entertainment)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Is there PvP?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
iPad

Timers?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Pocket Gamer review: 7/10
"It's what you'd expect from a free-to-play Pokémon clone, but Monster Legacy pushes enough of the right buttons to still be entertaining"

"There's base building, multiple currencies, and special moves you can only use if you're willing to throw some rare-but-purchasable gems away.

But at the same time, wrapped around those store front trappings is a reasonably enjoyable little dungeon crawler that fits surprisingly well into the short play times that mobile gaming sometimes demands."

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ew.asp?c=58341
Old 03-21-2014, 01:57 AM

Based on the version details, this is kinda an old game.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
iPhone 4

I just found it. Ive been looking for a fun game that is pokeman like. For a free game, its got a bit of depth.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
iPhone 4

So far i have not seen any. I think woth PVP there becomes more unreasonable iap. Sofar te iap isn too bad, an u can grind for all but the gems.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:28 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I don't think PVP would really work with this game, since one of the things you can use gems (premium currency) for is to permanently increase the stats of one of your monsters. So VS Multiplayer would be entirely a "wallet warrior" situation.

That said, I'm rather enjoying the single player in this. It's slow going right now (my party of monsters ends up wiping out or I'm forced to retreat before clearing the area), but every attempt is getting me a little more experience and slightly stronger monsters.

It's actually fun to play WITHOUT gems as long as you accept the limitations and slow pace - you're rewarded for doing your homework, knowing the type of creatures you'll encounter and bringing a party appropriate for the task.

Since you can only have three monsters and there are four elements, there's no one "perfect" team to bring in all encounters. Sometimes you'll want fast monsters, sometimes you'll want ones that can do large magic-based damage, sometimes you'll need a strong resistance to physical damage. So you'll want to develop several different monsters of each element to be able to handle any situation.

I probably wouldn't recommend it as a game to try and play continually (you'll be waiting around frequently to heal up your wounded monsters), but as a "game to play between other games with cooldown times," it's rather entertaining, even without any in-app purchases.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:08 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Yeah, this isn't bad. It looks like there's aggressive IAP up front because you can use gems to buy stats, instantly evolve your monsters, buy items, etc but you don't need to do so, plus they give out premium currency during level ups and quests. You can buy heal/mana potions for pretty cheap using the non-IAP currency, and can also craft items (but on a timer)

Battles aren't particularly deep but that doesn't seem to bother me too much. You can check your monsters and rival monster's stats by tapping its pic during the battle.

The game is really polished with nice bright color schemes and smooth animation. There's actually a story as well, and lore to find about the world which is nice.

I'll admit this is better than I thought it was going to be after being let down by all the other Pokemon clones in the App Store.