App description: BATTLE, COLLECT and EVOLVE AWESOME MONSTERS! Conquer evil and create your own legacy!

***Editors Choice on the App Store!***
***BAFTA Nominated!***

Capture wild Monsters and evolve them into epic new forms! Become the ultimate champion and top the world leaderboard in the PvP Arena! Train your Monsters to endure battle with friend and foe, and defeat the Evil Lord Ardur! Explore treacherous dungeons and solve testing puzzles in extraordinary locations, filled with endless challenges!

Dozens of magical monsters to collect IGN
A gorgeous isometric-ish world Pocket Gamer
A well thought out and immersive game Pocket Lint
App of The Day Mobile Entertainment
Best New App Know Your Apps

Features
- Battle fellow Keepers in the PvP arena and top the world leaderboard!
- Tackle over 400 quests in more than 20 incredible locations!
- Collect and evolve countless iconic Monsters!
- Explore the mythical world of Arborea in stunning HD!
- Master awesome magical attacks to become victorious!
- Hours of gameplay and regular new content!

---------------------
Network connection is required.

Rate Monster Legacy on the App Store, so we can continue making exciting features for you!

Join our community for exciting sneak peeks at new Monsters, new levels, giveaways and much more!

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MonsterLegacy
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/_MonsterLegacy

Experiencing problems with Monster Legacy? Were here to help: https://outplay.zendesk.com/home
---------------------
Disclosures

In-App Purchases: Monster Legacy is free to download and play, but contains optional in-app purchases that cost real money. To make these purchases, you'll need to enter your Apple ID and password.

2013 - 2015 Outplay Entertainment Ltd. Monster Legacy is a trademark of Outplay Entertainment. All rights reserved.

killercow's comments:

03-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Is there PvP?

Game Center & PLUS+ ID: Pro Digious
Dragon Blaze: Prodigious

03-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Timers?
03-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Pocket Gamer review: 7/10
"It's what you'd expect from a free-to-play Pokmon clone, but Monster Legacy pushes enough of the right buttons to still be entertaining"

"There's base building, multiple currencies, and special moves you can only use if you're willing to throw some rare-but-purchasable gems away.

But at the same time, wrapped around those store front trappings is a reasonably enjoyable little dungeon crawler that fits surprisingly well into the short play times that mobile gaming sometimes demands."

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ew.asp?c=58341

Game Center/Steam/PSN: Echoen
How to: embed [youtube] vids | Using [AppInfo]
My Youtube channel
03-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Based on the version details, this is kinda an old game.
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
I just found it. Ive been looking for a fun game that is pokeman like. For a free game, its got a bit of depth.
03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
So far i have not seen any. I think woth PVP there becomes more unreasonable iap. Sofar te iap isn too bad, an u can grind for all but the gems.
03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
I don't think PVP would really work with this game, since one of the things you can use gems (premium currency) for is to permanently increase the stats of one of your monsters. So VS Multiplayer would be entirely a "wallet warrior" situation.

That said, I'm rather enjoying the single player in this. It's slow going right now (my party of monsters ends up wiping out or I'm forced to retreat before clearing the area), but every attempt is getting me a little more experience and slightly stronger monsters.

It's actually fun to play WITHOUT gems as long as you accept the limitations and slow pace - you're rewarded for doing your homework, knowing the type of creatures you'll encounter and bringing a party appropriate for the task.

Since you can only have three monsters and there are four elements, there's no one "perfect" team to bring in all encounters. Sometimes you'll want fast monsters, sometimes you'll want ones that can do large magic-based damage, sometimes you'll need a strong resistance to physical damage. So you'll want to develop several different monsters of each element to be able to handle any situation.

I probably wouldn't recommend it as a game to try and play continually (you'll be waiting around frequently to heal up your wounded monsters), but as a "game to play between other games with cooldown times," it's rather entertaining, even without any in-app purchases.
03-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah, this isn't bad. It looks like there's aggressive IAP up front because you can use gems to buy stats, instantly evolve your monsters, buy items, etc but you don't need to do so, plus they give out premium currency during level ups and quests. You can buy heal/mana potions for pretty cheap using the non-IAP currency, and can also craft items (but on a timer)

Battles aren't particularly deep but that doesn't seem to bother me too much. You can check your monsters and rival monster's stats by tapping its pic during the battle.

The game is really polished with nice bright color schemes and smooth animation. There's actually a story as well, and lore to find about the world which is nice.

I'll admit this is better than I thought it was going to be after being let down by all the other Pokemon clones in the App Store.