Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-20-2014, 07:44 PM

Default Loco Motors (By Minority Media)

Old 03-20-2014, 07:45 PM

I just saw this on the store, I'm downloading now. I'll be back with some impressions. It appears to be this companies first app and looks to be a Bad Piggies style racer
Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I just saw this on the store, I'm downloading now. I'll be back with some impressions. It appears to be this companies first app and looks to be a Bad Piggies style racer
Their first IOS game, but not their first game

These are the developers behind the fantastic indie game Papo & Yo

Youtube link | Pop Up

I have high expectations for this game now

Last edited by Bronxsta; 03-20-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 09:04 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

I picked it up after I say it pop up on the New Games section. I've only played a couple levels, but so far it's pretty cool. I don't know what the coins are for yet. I'm hoping it's to buy different parts for your contraption. Im kind of getting a Bad Piggies vibe. Build your contraption and make it through the track while completing quests. Like I said, it's pretty cool so far. Looks like 50 levels with more "coming soon". I can't say that I would recommend it yet. I've only played a few minutes, but I'm happy with my dollar purchase so far.

EDIT: Ok, so the more I'm playing this game, the more I'm loving it. WELL worth the buck!

Last edited by NOEN; 03-20-2014 at 09:35 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 09:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
These are the developers behind the fantastic indie game Papo & Yo
I have high expectations for this game now
Wow, download with no reservations!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I picked it up after I say it pop up on the New Games section. I've only played a couple levels, but so far it's pretty cool. I don't know what the coins are for yet. I'm hoping it's to buy different parts for your contraption. Im kind of getting a Bad Piggies vibe. Build your contraption and make it through the track while completing quests. Like I said, it's pretty cool so far. Looks like 50 levels with more "coming soon". I can't say that I would recommend it yet. I've only played a few minutes, but I'm happy with my dollar purchase so far.
Coins are used for style upgrades to your parts. It doesn't seem you can buy like more powerful engines etc, but using multiple engines sure supes up your ride. The graphics, animations and sounds are top notch. This is a really fun game with tons of content. There are over 100 levels with bronze, silver and gold medals to unlock and then three objectives ie. do three backflips, etc. for each level. I really like this and am glad Apple featured it or I might have missed it.

Just a side note; I'm on a 4S and I had some initial crashing issues until I reset my phone.

I will be playing with this a lot more throughout the night and will report back with more impressions as I come to them.

I'd say at this point if you have any interest in this type of construction/racing game this is a steal at a dollar. The AppStore description says that it is an introductory special sale so I'd advise getting it now.

Richard
Old 03-20-2014, 09:53 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Just saw it on the Appstore as well. It's the Editor's choice here and it looks great! Downloading now...

Okay so yes, this is similar to Bad Piggies in that you build a crazy vehicule to complete some objectives. Loco Motors has a different artstyle (and a gorgeous one at that), it's super polished and has GC integration for achievements. The breadth of creation is really impressive and the video in the main menu is a great way of showcasing just that.

At that price it's a no brainer if you like physics based game. I still love how the appstore can surprise me with games that are seemingly coming out of nowhere

Last edited by killercow; 03-20-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 PM

Yeah I grabbed it also. Let's see what it's all about. .99 had to before the price raised. Took a chance. Hope it's good.

Update. It's the best modify racing game I have ever played. Amazing game. You guys won't be disappointed if you like these type of games very polished a lot of strategy elements. 5 Star

Last edited by uFinKnow; 03-20-2014 at 11:10 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 01:44 AM

I needed to clarify my earlier impressions. You use your earned coins to buy style upgrades, upgraded parts such as more powerful engines, off-road tires etc. are unlocked as you progress through the levels.

I'm going to just say it: GET THIS GAME! This is awesome stuff. I sure didn't expect this much game, this much fun having just found this browsing the AppStore

Richard
Old 03-21-2014, 01:52 AM

Looks pretty good, but having Bad Piggies already is kinda holding me back from picking this one up.