Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-22-2014, 02:29 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Default Seabeard (Developed by Hand Circus and published by Backflip Studios)

"Follow in the footsteps of the great captain Seabeard and explore a giant ocean teeming with islands to explore!

A world in your pocket - Discover a rich, charming world that you can jump into anytime, anywhere. The oceans of Seabeard are filled with surprises around every corner.

Make new friends - Meet the Doza, Yorubo and Nook tribes and the fascinating characters that inhabit Seabeard’s villages, farms, holiday resorts and dungeons. The quest generation system will ensure that there is always a villager in need of your help.

Recruit an expert crew - Engage in a huge variety of activities: from sailing and fishing to combat and cookery. Build your team from a one-man band to a crew of legend!

Revive your trading empire - Set sail to discover lucrative trading routes and source rare and valuable items. Rebuild the legendary trading capital, Accordia and hire the finest market traders.

Conquer the seas - Set sail to encounter the challenges of the ocean, from feeding whales and rescuing shipwrecked passengers to battling with menacing sea monsters."

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The game will be free with some IAPs, however there will be no paywalls. Seabeard is also estimated to be released sometime this summer as well.

Last edited by Cevan; 03-22-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-22-2014, 02:42 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Free!

Also this game will be free!
Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHanet View Post
Also this game will be free!
Thanks for the reminder; added that to the post.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:13 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

I'm super stoked for this.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I'm super stoked for this.
Same here Eli!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:50 PM

I've never really played an Animal Crossing style game before. I'm more than exited to make my first foray into that genre with this though

This looks really great, and it's awesome how each crew member opens up a completely new way to play
Old 03-22-2014, 03:54 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm curious to see how big real time plays into this game outside of just day and night. Perhaps we'll see different seasons as the year goes on, or possibly even some real world holidays celebrated in the game (similar to Animal Crossing)?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevan View Post
"Follow in the footsteps of the great captain Seabeard and explore a giant ocean teeming with islands to explore!

A world in your pocket - Discover a rich, charming world that you can jump into anytime, anywhere. The oceans of Seabeard are filled with surprises around every corner.

Make new friends - Meet the Doza, Yorubo and Nook tribes and the fascinating characters that inhabit Seabeard’s villages, farms, holiday resorts and dungeons. The quest generation system will ensure that there is always a villager in need of your help.

Recruit an expert crew - Engage in a huge variety of activities: from sailing and fishing to combat and cookery. Build your team from a one-man band to a crew of legend!

Revive your trading empire - Set sail to discover lucrative trading routes and source rare and valuable items. Rebuild the legendary trading capital, Accordia and hire the finest market traders.

Conquer the seas - Set sail to encounter the challenges of the ocean, from feeding whales and rescuing shipwrecked passengers to battling with menacing sea monsters."

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

The game will be free with some IAPs, however there will be no paywalls. Seabeard is also estimated to be released sometime this summer as well.
Can't wait! Looks great!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:29 PM

Super exited for this game.

My only worry is that perhaps a network connection is required to play as a lot of ios games these days.

I'm referring to the toucharcade video of GDC where the developer says: "as the game is live we can add islands and stuff"

I am hoping this is not the case...
Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiatama_0 View Post
Super exited for this game.

My only worry is that perhaps a network connection is required to play as a lot of ios games these days.

I'm referring to the toucharcade video of GDC where the developer says: "as the game is live we can add islands and stuff"

I am hoping this is not the case...
Hopefully by "live" they just mean that they'll be continually updating it as time goes on rather than requiring an active internet connection at all times to play it.

Edit: Well, Hand Circus has confirmed that Seabeard will be online only.

Last edited by Cevan; 03-24-2014 at 10:32 AM..