Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-23-2014, 10:09 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Endless Rain - (by Backtothis)

Our second game is out! As I have said before, we have really enjoyed the time we have spent so far developing for the iOS. Once again, thank you so much for your support! Reaction-based games have gotten quite popular recently on the free charts, so we decided to make our own.

We have already submitted an update for Endless Rain. In the update, we changed the design of half the blocks to make them more distinct from each other. Currently, some of the blocks look similar in Pro Mode when everything is moving/morphing very quickly.

If you would like clarification on the rules/settings of the game, please ask. The timer HP for Pro Mode is 12 seconds; the one for Normal Mode is 25 seconds. You are awarded 1.5 seconds per "Oh Yeah!" This is a response time of 0.45s in Pro and 0.55s in Normal. Blocks continuously morph until they have fallen off the screen or changed into the target. Your HP only falls when there are targets on the screen. More active targets on the screen causes your HP to decline faster (5 targets on screen decreases your HP 5 times faster than one target). The highest score so far for Pro is 31; the highest for Normal is 169. Good luck!

YouTube Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb31S_vWTqY

Last edited by backtothis; 03-24-2014 at 11:03 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

A little bit of trivia - The reaction times required for getting bonus time were chosen because in a study of NCAA Division 1 athletes, the average reaction time to complex stimuli was about 0.52-0.55 seconds. So you're doing quite well if you can sustain yourself on pro mode!

Last edited by backtothis; 03-23-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

This one looks great! I'll definitely be getting this as soon as it hits the US App Store.

Edit: I forgot to say anything in the thread for your other game, but It's great that you are making games! That's really awesome!

Last edited by Pocketnova; 03-23-2014 at 05:33 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 05:44 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I actually just downloaded it (I actually already was on my NZ account) and I love it. It's crazy! I'm really looking forward to getting better at it, as I can tell this will provide a real challenge.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thanks for the support! It is definitely meant to be a crazy game.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Endless Rain is now available in the US! I'll be making a contest similar to the Flappy Friends! one for it soon.

Last edited by backtothis; 03-24-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Couple of bugs I've run into, not sure what's causing them.
- my Normal score is not registering to Game Center at all
- in Pro Mode, it doesn't register half of my taps, positive or negative

I'm playing on an iPhone 5, with the latest OS. I also have not yet removed ads, in case that matters (which btw, no ads are showing up, just the banner asking to remove ads).
Old 03-23-2014, 11:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Couple of bugs I've run into, not sure what's causing them.
- my Normal score is not registering to Game Center at all
- in Pro Mode, it doesn't register half of my taps, positive or negative

I'm playing on an iPhone 5, with the latest OS. I also have not yet removed ads, in case that matters (which btw, no ads are showing up, just the banner asking to remove ads).
The Game Center is a known bug that we've already submitted a retroactive patch for to Apple. Basically if you didn't sign into Game Center before playing, it won't register your high score.

As for the Pro Mode, that's quite interesting. I had the feeling I had the same issue for a while until I realised it was just the small size of the targets + the rapidly moving speed that was causing me to actually slightly miss them when I tried to hit them when I aimed directly at the objects, to the point that I had to lead the target in order to be sure I'd actually hit it. Are you sure it's not this that's causing the errors?

Ads take some time to show up. Last time we didn't get any ads on our game until 2 days after it came out
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yep, for Pro Mode, you have to tap almost "ahead" of the falling block to hit it since they're falling so quickly. It definitely takes quite a few games to get used to the hit box. Thanks for trying out our game.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:54 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I hate hate hate hate hate reaction games, but this one I like for some reason.

I feel like some of my taps don't register either, but with practice, it gets better. I used to score negatives to 6 max on Normal. Now, I can reach much higher scores.

Can't wait for the update where the blocks are more distinguished from each other.