★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tom Vaughan
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 1.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Version 1.1 - Out now!

HoverBall is a quick, easy to pick up game that's fast-paced, difficult, and addictive.

The concept is simple: keep the ball out of the red zone and between the walls. The ball hovers upwards on its own, but falls down if you are touching the screen. Tilt the phone left and right to move the ball horizontally and dodge obstacles (lightning bolts) falling from the top of the screen. Watch out for the walls, they close in every time the game speeds up!

A game of HoverBall only takes a minute, but after you start you won't want to put it down!

HoverBall also offers three difficulty levels: Easy, Medium, and Hard, so that anyone can easily pick up and play or hone their skills.

To contact the developer directly with any comments, suggestions, or feedback, please use the links below.

tv3636's comments:
Just updated to Version 1.1 (probably should have updated to Version 2.0 in retrospect, since I changed the gameplay a lot) and added obstacles! With obstacles, I've added tilt sensing to avoid the obstacles!

For anyone who had previously downloaded it and said it was too easy, there are now the obstacles and the game is overall more difficult on each level.

Unfortunately I do not have an updated video, because I can't just do a screen capture to show the new features and I have no other way of recording at the moment, but here is a video of the original for those of you who haven't seen it before.

Feedback is really appreciated, and I'm especially interested to hear from those of you who had previously played the game to hear your thoughts on it after the update. Thanks everyone!

08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm making it free for a limited time, get it for free while you can!

08-17-2009, 07:08 PM
24175 on first play through (med). Great game!

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Ok so i have downloaded this game and played it a few times and i think it is fun but could use an update. Honestly i really like the concept but i think the difficulty level of the game needs to move up faster. i have played it on medium and hard and each time i feel bored with the game before the level of difficulty get challenging. I would suggest adding a harder mode or adding levels so you can choose at what difficulty you want to begin. If these changes are made i think it will be a really fun pick up and play game.

Now Playing: EDEN, Baseball Superstars 2011
Twitter: @thepoisonivy
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoisonivy View Post
Ok so i have downloaded this game and played it a few times and i think it is fun but could use an update. Honestly i really like the concept but i think the difficulty level of the game needs to move up faster. i have played it on medium and hard and each time i feel bored with the game before the level of difficulty get challenging. I would suggest adding a harder mode or adding levels so you can choose at what difficulty you want to begin. If these changes are made i think it will be a really fun pick up and play game.
How about a mode where the no go areas start to get tighter and tighter, if they do I apologize I haven't got there yet.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
08-17-2009, 07:54 PM
still says .99 cents
08-17-2009, 07:59 PM
I agree with others about the difficulty, I just had my first game on medium, it stays on the same difficulty level for what seems like an eternity, I finally suicided because I was too bored. If this is medium I wonder what easy looks like. The game must be clearly tuned, but apart from that, it's a nice idea and plays well.
08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.
sportsfan791: iTunes seems to have it alternating back and forth, but if you reload the page a few times it should eventually say free (and hopefully soon it will always say free instead of alternating)

Everyone else: The difficulty was a concern of mine as well, and I did actually have it harder to begin with but everyone who tested it for me said it was too difficult. I did have them playing on Hard mostly, but I was worried people would say it was too easy. I think I'll be updating it as soon as possible with a difficulty increase and hopefully some more features soon to come. Thanks!
08-17-2009, 08:45 PM
cool downloading now, thanks

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
08-17-2009, 09:48 PM
This game is actually pretty fun. Easy to understand but hard to perfect!

Follow me on Twitter
Best iOS Games Ever Made: Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump, Tiny Wings