Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 PM

Default Pyro Pursuit - (by Smugbit Studios)

Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

I tested this one. There is a ladder coming left or right that comes at you and you have to tap the screen for it to stop near you for you firefighter to climb up, and its quite puzzl-y to go up, have to figure the best way, avoiding hazards, collecting coins and fighting bosses while the fire is below making pressure on you, giving it some rush. And found it fun. There is a shop to customize your firefighter and buy some upgrades buy I found items expensive, dont know how its in the final version. Worth a try.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Developer
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Hey, I know this game!

Hope you guys dig it.

Did tweak the upgrade pricing a bit. Really tried to not make it too grindy.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

The core and the look of your game is really great, like it very much and is right up my alley.

But it needs quite a bit of tweaks, imho. Sometimes i thought i escaped the burning bird just to die the other second. Maybe make the hit area a bit smaller? The ladders are hard to see, so i have not really time to plan my route ahead. It gets hectic very fast (guess that's the fireman's work and fate lol). The coin rate is far too low to justify a five dollar doubler, because even with this doubler i seem to get nowhere in the shop.

Found a bug, when i revived and was 'riding' on the water, it didn't stop until i restarted the app. Damn, had done two missions which are hard enough right from the beginning.

I hardly ever mention or complain prices in this forum, but i this current state, everything is a bit overpriced, again IMO.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Developer
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
The core and the look of your game is really great, like it very much and is right up my alley.

But it needs quite a bit of tweaks, imho. Sometimes i thought i escaped the burning bird just to die the other second. Maybe make the hit area a bit smaller? The ladders are hard to see, so i have not really time to plan my route ahead. It gets hectic very fast (guess that's the fireman's work and fate lol). The coin rate is far too low to justify a five dollar doubler, because even with this doubler i seem to get nowhere in the shop.

Found a bug, when i revived and was 'riding' on the water, it didn't stop until i restarted the app. Damn, had done two missions which are hard enough right from the beginning.

I hardly ever mention or complain prices in this forum, but i this current state, everything is a bit overpriced, again IMO.
Thanks for the heads up! Sent a PM to get more info about the bug.

Guess I still need to work to make the progression smoother. Will definitely keep tweaking it.