Kotoro - An Exploration of Colors

03-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Kotoro - An Exploration of Colors

Hi Everyone,
Kotoro is the first atmospheric puzzle game about color mixing based on the rules we all learn as children. The main objective is simple: Become a certain color by mixing with others.

With more than 5 chapters and 60 puzzles, each chapter explores a new idea such as subtraction, replication or time. Designed as a universal app, Kotoro is priced at $0.99 and new chapters will be continually added for free.

Kotoro will be available tomorrow. You can check it at:
http://kotoro.co

03-26-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm really enjoying g colour based puzzles at the moment so will be picking this up.

03-26-2014, 08:35 PM
Dang... this seems like the perfect game for me, but some of the color mixing can get complex. I need to go back to the second grade.
03-26-2014, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Dang... this seems like the perfect game for me, but some of the color mixing can get complex. I need to go back to the second grade.
The game actually only uses 6 colors. We tried to focus more on operations such as subtraction, duplication, time or switching between colors.

When we first started making the game it quickly became apparent that most people cannot predict the outcome of for example green and purple. Also, getting the right shade of green or blue was just annoying for players. So that's why we only focus on the primary and secondary colors.
03-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I'm really enjoying g colour based puzzles at the moment so will be picking this up.
Wonderful! Hope you enjoy it!
03-27-2014, 04:55 AM
Looks neat! I'll give this a spin!
03-27-2014, 05:21 AM
Out in uk now. Bought. Will leave feedback later today.

03-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Looks neat! I'll give this a spin!
Woohoo! Thanks!
03-27-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Out in uk now. Bought. Will leave feedback later today.

Looking forward to it! Don't forget to try a few of chapters. "Multiple Personality Disorder" is my favorite.
03-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Wow. Favorite game of the week so far... once you finish the tuts the rest is very good. You'll probably have a hard time selling the game since there is nothing like this. I suggest making it free and selling the individual chapters through In-App Purchases...