★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Otto-Ville Ojala
  • Genre: Board
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 30.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Four players, one iPad! Dominate your friends in chaotic one-minute deathmatches.

"It's everything a local multiplayer game should be: simple and fun." PocketGamer
"This multiplayer game played on a single iPad is simple, chaotic fun." 4/5 148Apps

Tank of Tanks is an easy-to-learn one-button arcade tank game for up to four players on a single iPad.

Controls:
Push the button to move and shoot. Release to turn.

Features:
Massively local four player action!
Simple one-button controls
Frantic 60-second deathmatches
Fun levels like Arena, Revolver and Box Pit
Game Center leaderboard and achievements
Customize your play, enable bouncy bullets and icy surface for even crazier combat
03-26-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm amazed I'm the only one interested in this so far - I adored Wrestle Jump and Tug the Table! Definitely going to be a good single device multiplayer game for the family

03-27-2014, 02:11 AM
Hey, thanks for the thread and your kind words, PeteOzzy!

I just uploaded a short gameplay clip of the game to Youtube. The colors in the video are a bit dark and blown out, but here's basically what the game looks like in motion:

And since I've got some unused promo codes, here's a few for the quickest (iPad 2 or later is required):
6WM7R9R6JTKP
H7FYJ64L7KKR
AAWEXFLF9YJJ
J97MYPFALEJ3
9HWTTXA4WWR9
JMKR3LFWLF4F
NYX4KX77444L
6MHKM3N993JT
Y7KEARTXPRNP
Y7X6367YENPX

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
03-27-2014, 02:16 AM
Heck yes!!!! Thanks!
6WM7R9R6JTKP
03-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Cheers got Y7X6367YENPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm amazed I'm the only one interested in this so far - I adored Wrestle Jump and Tug the Table! Definitely going to be a good single device multiplayer game for the family
You are not the only one!

I beat Wrestle Jump and Tug the Table to death and got all achives!

Last edited by HansKaosu; 03-27-2014 at 02:20 AM.
03-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Cool game! I can't wait to try this with my family. Have you thought of adding power ups or the first to 10 kills. The controls are very hard to control but I guess it's supposed to be that way because it makes things more hectic. It would be great if you could implement some easier controls because I don't think my dad will ever be able to figure it out.
03-28-2014, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Cool game! I can't wait to try this with my family. Have you thought of adding power ups or the first to 10 kills. The controls are very hard to control but I guess it's supposed to be that way because it makes things more hectic. It would be great if you could implement some easier controls because I don't think my dad will ever be able to figure it out.
Thanks!
Yup, the controls are what they are - basically the game is like King of Opera, but with tanks - there are some people who just won't "get" the one button controls that easily. You can always balance things out a bit and select "bouncy bullets" and "icy surface" from the settings menu. And maybe battle it out on the Arena level Pushing the button whenever there's a tank right in front of you just might get you as many kills as some other, more advanced tactic.

Btw, did you dad figure it out?

Finnish indie game developer. ottoojala.com
03-28-2014, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oivoi View Post
Thanks!
Yup, the controls are what they are - basically the game is like King of Opera, but with tanks - there are some people who just won't "get" the one button controls that easily. You can always balance things out a bit and select "bouncy bullets" and "icy surface" from the settings menu. And maybe battle it out on the Arena level Pushing the button whenever there's a tank right in front of you just might get you as many kills as some other, more advanced tactic.

Btw, did you dad figure it out?
I know he won't he is pretty stupid. He is a master at all the Tetris games and chess but for some reason he cannot grasp anything else that he did not already learn 15 years ago. I need to find him a match the color game for toddlers.
03-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Great game!

Tried this one, and it's a very good local multiplayer game! Highly recommended!
03-28-2014, 08:07 AM
This dev is a master of making same device multiplayer games, can't believe I only just noticed this,
Just played a few rounds and I can already say this will be staying on my iPad with wrestle jump, king of opera, dedaloop and tug the table.
Edit, I forgot marble mixer & game for two.

Last edited by oooooomonkey; 03-28-2014 at 08:24 AM.