Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default SummitX 2 (by Free Range Games)

Old 03-27-2014, 01:22 AM

This looks great but "Simple Timing Based Gameplay" has me a bit hesitant.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 PM

What a damn shame! You guys had the best snowboard stunt game in the App Store. Now its been reduced to a series of QTE's. Is there any way to update this so that I can actually control my own stunts? No arrows, no pickups just great gameplay like the first one. Or at least re-release the original since its not currently available.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 03-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Why was the original summitx pulled? How can we buy games from this dev if they are going to be completely pulled?
Old 03-31-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFTHSUN2012 View Post
What a damn shame! You guys had the best snowboard stunt game in the App Store. Now its been reduced to a series of QTE's. Is there any way to update this so that I can actually control my own stunts? No arrows, no pickups just great gameplay like the first one. Or at least re-release the original since its not currently available.
Thank you for thinking so highly of the first SummitX. Unfortunately for most people the trick control system on that game was confusing and usually ended in spastic virtual button mashing. And you may not have noticed it, but in that game, the animations were also canned. So instead of being triggered from button combinations, we changed it to swipes. At first the trick sequences are a bit simple admittly, but they grow in complexity as you unlock them.

Plus, SummitX 2 is not just a sequel of SummitX, but also APO Snow, another game we made. We tried a diamond "pattern matching" control scheme. That was way too casual. So we decided to try out the QTE system that we developed for the Tech Deck, mobile games.

If you have specific suggestion for how to improve the current trick control scheme, we'd be very interested in hearing them.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Why was the original summitx pulled? How can we buy games from this dev if they are going to be completely pulled?
Although Free Range Games is the developer for SummitX, APO Snow, and SummitX 2, we had publishers for the first two games. It is up to them to decide whether to keep games on the store or not. SummitX 2...at least the beta version...is published under our name, so we make the decisions for it.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:42 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerangegames View Post
Although Free Range Games is the developer for SummitX, APO Snow, and SummitX 2, we had publishers for the first two games. It is up to them to decide whether to keep games on the store or not. SummitX 2...at least the beta version...is published under our name, so we make the decisions for it.
Well, thanks for the response.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 AM

First off, thanks for the response, its nice to see developers who are actually active in their own forums. I guess the thing that disappointed me most was that you can only trick at prearranged spots. Perhaps in an update it would be possible to trick at other spots and also not be forced to perform tricks at the prearranged places. Take care.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 AM

Why can not I download?