Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default The Impossible Cave

We are BluePig Games, and we just finished a game The Impossible Cave, is an Indie Game developed in five days. And we want to share with you.

The game is getting "famous", for us at least . After a week, we have 8K players for all platforms (GameJolt, iOS, Android).

You can download it free at the AppStore or take a try on GameJolt too:

iTunes
GameJolt

There are some funny youtube reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHk52K0hqLo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS6rFkl5jWg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yleU1zXsQ
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...mpossible+cave

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by bluepiggames; 03-27-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 AM

Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Wow, thanks Sanuku! I was wondering how could I make that kind of entry with all the Appstore data

Last edited by bluepiggames; 03-27-2014 at 07:06 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:09 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepiggames View Post
Wow, thanks Sanuku! I was wondering how could I make that kind of entry with all the Appstore data
If you ever see a post and wonder 'how did they do that ?' then click quote and you'll see the code behind it.

Interested by this game, shall download it now.

Edited - Hmm a strange one ! Controls work well as relative touch, just gets a bit samey as you're just trying to survive for as long as possible without bumping into anything. I think it would be a great game if it wasnt like a 'flappy bird-ish' type game. Visually its great, if you did something in the game than just avoid stuff it would be pretty good. Eg a fire button to attack things, go exploring etc.

Last edited by psj3809; 03-27-2014 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
If you ever see a post and wonder 'how did they do that ?' then click quote and you'll see the code behind it.

Interested by this game, shall download it now.

Edited - Hmm a strange one ! Controls work well as relative touch, just gets a bit samey as you're just trying to survive for as long as possible without bumping into anything. I think it would be a great game if it wasnt like a 'flappy bird-ish' type game. Visually its great, if you did something in the game than just avoid stuff it would be pretty good. Eg a fire button to attack things, go exploring etc.
Ok, I see it now, I should use the "appinfo" option.

Thanks for your comment. Most people ask that if we got influenced by the "flappy bird" style trend... sincerely, we don't know (probably yes). Our priority was make this game as fast as we can using Unity3D, to control the basics of publishing with this tool in different plataforms.

We got very positive feedback in GameJolt, and we are aminig all the ideas for the Impossible Cave 2 (like you say: shooting, different ways to choose, instant direction change... ) That was not our priority, but maybe it will get in first row of the "toDo" list
Old 03-27-2014, 07:23 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I just tried the game and I dunno if it's just me doing it wrong but the controls are awkward as in I don't have much influence of how far it moves, eg, I only need to move a tiny bit but it appears it moves at a set amount which resulted in me hitting the upper edge and dying. Looks great so I am it's me getting it wrong.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:03 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I just tried the game and I dunno if it's just me doing it wrong but the controls are awkward as in I don't have much influence of how far it moves, eg, I only need to move a tiny bit but it appears it moves at a set amount which resulted in me hitting the upper edge and dying. Looks great so I am it's me getting it wrong.
Yes, it can be confusing/strange at first. User can only move the "ship" up/down. The speed is controlled automatically (once you get a point it stop growing).

Try placing your finger on the opposite side of the screen (if you play righty, put it on the top right of the screen) so you can see better where your ship is.

Maybe we should include some sensibility adjustment :\