• Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 68.8 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 2.3 (3)
App description: Assemble a powerful team of your favorite Star Wars heroes, and battle enemies and other players across the galaxy in STAR WARS: ASSAULT TEAM! Strategize to give your team the winning edge in this unique, turn-based combat game from Disney Mobile in partnership with LucasArts!

Infiltrate enemy fleets and outsmart your opponents in exciting, face-to-face combat. Embark on epic missions to escape from enemy ships, find the Wookiee resistance, survive ambushes on the streets of Mos Espa, and much more! Fight for ultimate control of the galaxy in this strategic combat game, where every move counts!

BUILD YOUR VERY OWN ASSAULT TEAM
Collect and play with your favorite classic Star Wars characters such as Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Tusken Raiders, and more! Each hero has unique stats, abilities, and attacks to increase your teams overall strength.

COMPELLING BATTLES
Take your assault team into battle, and defeat galactic enemies and other players! Strategically choose your squad, then deploy your team members special tactics. Crush your opponents to earn valuable rewards and new characters!

LEVEL UP YOUR HEROES
Use special items to train your characters and improve their special attacks! Play exciting missions and buy mystery Hero Crates to collect over 200 characters and items, which will make your team dominant against increasingly powerful enemies!

EXCITING COMPETITIVE PLAY
Fight against other players in PvP battles to win extra loot!

STUNNING GRAPHICS
Experience cinematic, high-quality graphics on your mobile device as you make your way from scene to scene with full character and background animations during combat.

ORIGINAL STORY INSPIRED BY THE STAR WARS FRANCHISE
Complete all-new missions set between Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. Travel to iconic Star Wars planets like Tatooine, Kashyyyk, and more.

killercow's comments:

03-27-2014, 08:58 AM
"Users must be connected to the Internet (3G or Wi-Fi) to play."

GC: UnSurreal

03-27-2014, 09:00 AM
I love Star Wars but 'most' of their iOS games are dire. Whats this another card battler ?

They could do so much with Star Wars, that last shoot em up was also dire. I mean Rogue Squadron would work so well on iOS, let other companies convert Dark Forces/Jedi Knight to iOS

Instead we get these card games, what a waste of a huge franchise to use
03-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I love Star Wars but 'most' of their iOS games are dire. Whats this another card battler ?

They could do so much with Star Wars, that last shoot em up was also dire. I mean Rogue Squadron would work so well on iOS, let other companies convert Dark Forces/Jedi Knight to iOS

Instead we get these card games, what a waste of a huge franchise to use
Well that's a problem with the entire back catalog of Lucasarts. It's a goldmine but not one is exploiting it.

Find me on Twitter
03-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Well that's a problem with the entire back catalog of Lucasarts. It's a goldmine but not one is exploiting it.
I heard Disney were 'happy' for third party devs to take on some of these old games and convert them. Thought it would be 'easier' for these old classics to appear but sadly that doesnt seem to be the case.

I mean a card battler is one thing, but having to always be online etc ? Just such a huge wealth of Star Wars games from the past, wish Dot Emu or someone similar would take these on if they can
03-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Filesize:

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-27-2014 at 11:24 AM.
03-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Disney, for another lame thing. Games like OceanHorn, Final Fantasy VI, Infinity Blade III, Star Wars KOTOR, Ascension, etc. are on my phone. I paid for them and can play them anytime. Why don't you make or port something that could contend with actual good games instead of copying something Konami did better in the first place with Star Wars: Force Collection?!?

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
03-27-2014, 09:57 AM
This is fun!!! I like the way we progress thru the game
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Okay so this is quite different from what I expected. You progress through a 3D world and at first it looks like a dungeon crawler but without the ability to choose your path. Every time you encounter an enemy you engage in a turn based battle that fills up your special abilities.

It's quite fun and for now I haven't seen the paywall but there's an energy timer and a premium currency (that you can earn while playing). I'm also disappointed that they didn't use the dungeon crawler aspect more. For example, you could have a choice between disabling something or going into combat straight away. Or choosing a door yourself.

Anyway, I'm gonna play it a bit more to see if it stops being fun at some point.

Find me on Twitter

Last edited by killercow; 03-27-2014 at 10:50 AM.
03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I'm also disappointed that they didn't use the dungeon crawler aspect more. For example, you could have a choice between disabling something or going into the combat straight away. Or choosing a door yourself.
This. Legend of Dungeon or Legend of Grimrock with a Star Wars Setting and my Wallet would spring open in a couple of seconds. Hell I wouldn`t even care how much it would cost since I would have already by then smashed the Buy Button before I would even consider checking how much I have spent.