★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Man at Arms TD $4.99 > FREE

03-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Man at Arms TD $4.99 > FREE

iphone (pocket edition) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id792889460?mt=8
TA thread talk http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=216938

ipad https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id659607539?mt=8
TA thread talk http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=217066

Last edited by mrbiggles; 03-27-2014 at 11:19 PM.
03-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Wow. This game seems to have a huge following based on the main thread. Guess I'll see what the fuss is about.

03-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Just saw this in my watch list. Debating whether to download or wait until it's an actual "sale" since I was waiting for it to go for $2.99 or less like Kingdom Rush and want to support the dev... Anyone know how FAAD compensates devs?
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Bought the IPad version a while back, and I consider it $5 well spent. It's basically a Kingdom Rush clone with a card collecting twist. The level design and balance leave much to be desired, and I found it to be a little on the easy side, especially when you master the card collecting part. Overall, it's a steal for a free download. And it's still on my IPad.
03-27-2014, 11:42 PM
This TD game has lot of depth. I rated it in the same league as King Rush or Fieldrunners.
03-28-2014, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
This TD game has lot of depth. I rated it in the same league as King Rush or Fieldrunners.
Same league as Kingdom Rush/Fieldrunners? Then I'm definitely getting this one. Thanks for the tip!
03-28-2014, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG-XCELL View Post
Just saw this in my watch list. Debating whether to download or wait until it's an actual "sale" since I was waiting for it to go for $2.99 or less like Kingdom Rush and want to support the dev... Anyone know how FAAD compensates devs?
Hi there!

I'm Tom, one of the developers, and I'd say that if you're interested, go ahead and get it while it's free. We actually pay FAAD rather than the other way around, but the hope is that making the game free for a bit helps spread word of mouth.

So by all means, grab it now, and don't feel guilty. If you want more later, you can always buy a buck of in-app currency ... but honestly, it's a sale with no strings attached. Oh, but positive reviews are always welcome!
03-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricket View Post
Hi there!

I'm Tom, one of the developers, and I'd say that if you're interested, go ahead and get it while it's free. We actually pay FAAD rather than the other way around, but the hope is that making the game free for a bit helps spread word of mouth.

So by all means, grab it now, and don't feel guilty. If you want more later, you can always buy a buck of in-app currency ... but honestly, it's a sale with no strings attached. Oh, but positive reviews are always welcome!
Great game and great dev
03-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geertyy View Post
Great game and great dev
Agreed.
03-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG-XCELL View Post
Debating whether to download or wait until it's an actual "sale" since I was waiting for it to go for $2.99 or less like Kingdom Rush and want to support the dev... Anyone know how FAAD compensates devs?
Btw other than Kingdom Rush there are no comsumable IAPs in MaATD.

In the comments of the tA review (Eric Ford):

Quote:
The game has one currency, gems, which you earn during a level, or by selling cards earned playing a level. The only IAP is for buying more gems to speed your progress. Gems are used to increase your deck space, or to buy 3 random cards. The IAP is completely unnecessary, you earn plenty during games and you also win plenty of cards during games that can be sold for a good amount of gems. Also, since there are no consumable power-ups (as in Kingdom Rush) buying more gems through IAP won’t break the game. IAP= Optional, Man at Arms TD= Balanced without IAP.
Already said in this very thread: Very recommended!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)