★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angel Town▼50%Off for a limited time!

03-29-2014, 02:24 AM
(○^~^○)Angel Town★★★★★50%Off for a limited time!

★★★★★iPhone Download https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angel-town-50-off/id845060448?ls=1&mt=8

★★★★★iPad Download https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angel-town-50-off-hd/id843006177?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by Crabsoft; 04-02-2014 at 07:20 AM.
03-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Have watched the video trailer game and interesting so much, good music, beautiful artwork, give a try.

03-31-2014, 09:11 AM
1. Description says: "The most exciting tower defense game is now on your iPhone, iPod and iPad!" However, not finding an iPhone version of it anywhere - there only seems to be an iPad version.

2. Game was released at $2.99 -- unlike the game title indicates, $1.99 is not quite 50% off.

3. Gameplay looks pretty interesting with lots of interaction going on, but the description mentions "Gift items for a limited time:3000 Rubies + 2 Angels + 121 Fruits = $7!" so I have to wonder if it's going to be IAP heavy....
04-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
1. Description says: "The most exciting tower defense game is now on your iPhone, iPod and iPad!" However, not finding an iPhone version of it anywhere - there only seems to be an iPad version.

2. Game was released at $2.99 -- unlike the game title indicates, $1.99 is not quite 50% off.

3. Gameplay looks pretty interesting with lots of interaction going on, but the description mentions "Gift items for a limited time:3000 Rubies + 2 Angels + 121 Fruits = $7!" so I have to wonder if it's going to be IAP heavy....
hello,thank you for your question.
1.iPhone Download https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angel-town-50-off/id845060448?ls=1&mt=8
2.Six weeks later, the price will be $3.99.
3.600 Rubies = $0.99.

Thank you very much!Good luck!Have fun!(○^~^○)
04-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Okay, I went ahead and bought the game because I love tower defense and $1.99 is cheap enough to test out a new game.

Here's my experience in the first few minutes trying it out (your experience is likely to be much better than mine, as I'm not claiming to be a game expert):

1. First thing I notice is the screen orientation. I really wish all iPad games would allow you to rotate the device 180° - not sure why developers lock the screen rotation - it makes it hard for me to play while I am charging my device or have headphones in. So, that's a bit disappointing you can only hold the iPad one way for this game.

2. There are no written or audible tutorial directions - it's all done by an icon swiping on the screen trying to show you what to do. So far, it has not helped me, I'm still trying to figure things out by clicking random things and guessing. (I'm sure it was done this way to bypass any language barriers, but it might as well not even be there since it hasn't helped me.) There may be IAP, but I wouldn't know how to access them, or how or what to do with them, lol.

3. It's taking me longer than I expected to get used to the movement controls - I think it must be only 4-directional, not 8-directional as it appears, because I keep getting stuck and I think it's when I'm trying to go diagonally.

4. Since there are no words for the menu buttons anywhere, I think I erased or reset my Level 4 character - not sure how I did that, or why it would be an option, but I seem to have started with all new Level 0 options, so that was disappointing and I would help you avoid making that same mistake if I could tell you what it was I did wrong.

Overall, I think the game could be much improved if there were text menus and especially for the tutorial.
04-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
Okay, I went ahead and bought the game because I love tower defense and $1.99 is cheap enough to test out a new game.

Here's my experience in the first few minutes trying it out (your experience is likely to be much better than mine, as I'm not claiming to be a game expert):

1. First thing I notice is the screen orientation. I really wish all iPad games would allow you to rotate the device 180° - not sure why developers lock the screen rotation - it makes it hard for me to play while I am charging my device or have headphones in. So, that's a bit disappointing you can only hold the iPad one way for this game.

2. There are no written or audible tutorial directions - it's all done by an icon swiping on the screen trying to show you what to do. So far, it has not helped me, I'm still trying to figure things out by clicking random things and guessing. (I'm sure it was done this way to bypass any language barriers, but it might as well not even be there since it hasn't helped me.) There may be IAP, but I wouldn't know how to access them, or how or what to do with them, lol.

3. It's taking me longer than I expected to get used to the movement controls - I think it must be only 4-directional, not 8-directional as it appears, because I keep getting stuck and I think it's when I'm trying to go diagonally.

4. Since there are no words for the menu buttons anywhere, I think I erased or reset my Level 4 character - not sure how I did that, or why it would be an option, but I seem to have started with all new Level 0 options, so that was disappointing and I would help you avoid making that same mistake if I could tell you what it was I did wrong.

Overall, I think the game could be much improved if there were text menus and especially for the tutorial.
Thank you very much for your advice(○^~^○)

1.“games would allow you to rotate the device 180°” is a good advice,but our team need some time to do it 。In the future, the new version may add this!

2.“There are no written or audible tutorial directions“We will add a detailed tutorial in the new version.

3.Click on the map, you can easily walk. Click on the monster, you'll be able to attack it~

4.1)Click on the icon to start the game2)Click on the round character face button3)Select one of four characters start the game ~

In return, I'll give you 4 promotional codes, please note that your private message
08-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBaby View Post
Have watched the video trailer game and interesting so much, good music, beautiful artwork, give a try.
Thank you very much,now the game is free for a while~
08-02-2014, 11:59 AM
I feel your pain Wrath. I bought this on release day for the iPad and couldn't figure out anything as far as gameplay goes. After working with it for a couple hours I deleted it. A tutorial and some labels/explanations for items is a must have for this one.
That said once they add those features this should be great. The art is stunning and original.
I've reinstalled it and I'll see if the above info from the dev helps me out.
08-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer1st View Post
I feel your pain Wrath. I bought this on release day for the iPad and couldn't figure out anything as far as gameplay goes. After working with it for a couple hours I deleted it. A tutorial and some labels/explanations for items is a must have for this one.
That said once they add those features this should be great. The art is stunning and original.
I've reinstalled it and I'll see if the above info from the dev helps me out.
Thank you for reinstalling the game. We will continue to update to the game.Good luck!Have fun!(○^~^○)