Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Old 03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
Yeah, but who's to say who a legitimate reviewer is? Anyone with an iTunes account seems to call themselves a reviewer.

I guess the bottom line is I don't think any developers are going to complain about getting contacted by a legitimate reviewer, so I don't think this will stifle the community. Just don't annoy the devs.

arn
i just read this; but so far i have asked them if they want a review. maybe i should stop? really since i have almost 2000 posts and am on here almost 24 hours a day they could trust me. do i need to stop?

i write on a blog not itunes btw.

Last edited by dannys95; 03-10-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Old 03-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
i just read this; but so far i have asked them if they want a review. maybe i should stop? really since i have almost 2000 posts and am on here almost 24 hours a day they could trust me. do i need to stop?

i write on a blog not itunes btw.
I would...Let them come to you if they want a review...or do the review after buying the game.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM

Seeing as codes are currently US only, that they generate a lot of noise, that people like me in the UK do not bother to read them now because of the 'I want one too' posts so we will never see any feedback I'd go so far as suggesting a different forum. You could even limit access by post count / membership time.

And my advice to devs is not to just give them out. Do some research, find the names of people who actually do review in a good way and PM them the codes. I see heaps of codes being given out and - as I said in another thread - no reviews being given.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
I see heaps of codes being given out and - as I said in another thread - no reviews being given.
They can trust me!! I swear. LOL. Seriously though usually they ask me to show they some work and I show them. And since I'm always here they know they can trust me.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:11 PM

just wondering how exactly does a promo code work??
Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh06 View Post
just wondering how exactly does a promo code work??
The devs get 50 of them per update to each app.

They can then give them out however they choose.

Once you have one (if you are in the US) you can copy and paste it into the "redeem" section in itunes and then it downloads and you'll have the app next time you sync up.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:41 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Since Arn made this new rule, I'm just curious if the promo code begging has declined. I know on occasion I still see it happening, and others promptly tell them to knock it off so people obviously know.

Now if we could only stop people from asking for price drops...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
They can trust me!! I swear. LOL. Seriously though usually they ask me to show they some work and I show them. And since I'm always here they know they can trust me.
Danny is the only ****ing one who ****ing does it. So, yes stop that. Do a complementary review and tell them about it. Stop ****ing asking for ****ing promo codes.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Danny is the only ****ing one who ****ing does it. So, yes stop that. Do a complementary review and tell them about it. Stop ****ing asking for ****ing promo codes.
Anyone who's says ****ing that much has to be right.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Since Arn made this new rule, I'm just curious if the promo code begging has declined. I know on occasion I still see it happening, and others promptly tell them to knock it off so people obviously know.

Now if we could only stop people from asking for price drops...
The begging for codes occurs a lot less in the forums than it did before the rule was implemented. I see it from time to time but nowhere near as often as it was occuring before.

People asking for price drops all the time really annoys me too. I come here to read about apps and games. And what people think of the gameplay. What they like, are there any problems or issues with a game, etc. It gets really tiresome to see lots of posts whining about the price.

Like markx2 I would like a seperate forum for promo codes. While devs are generous in giving out promo codes, sometimes the "chatter" about the codes clutters the games forum. I want to read more about the games and less about the promo codes. Don't get me wrong, even though I am in Australia and can't use the codes with my Australian iTunes account, I like the promo codes (I've received a few to use with my US iTunes account) and think that they have their place here, but I'd like that place to be in a seperate forum.