★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to add more then 11 pages of apps!!

08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
How to add more then 11 pages of apps!!

OK first off I don't know if there are any other threads on there that talk about this. If there is well I'm sorry for posting another one. I was looking on the internet to find out if there was a way to get past the 11 page limit for apps without jailbreaking my iPod touch. I came across a trick that I found on a different forum site but it was really hard to understand. After a few tries I got the trick to work and I now have 12 pages on my iPod. I am the kind of person that is addicted to buying apps like so many other people on this site. I pretty much just use my iPod to play games so after a while I had to delete games to make room for newer games. With the new trick I found I no longer have to delete games and I don't mind looking through a ton of pages of apps to find a game to play. And with the search function now it makes it really easy. I am going to add step-by-step directions on how to add more pages for your iPod touch or phone.

1. First of all you have to be on the verge of filling up you 11th page. Leave one space on the 11th page empty. That means you would have 162 apps on your iPod with 13 apps that you can't delete leaving 1 space left on the 11th page.

2. Take any of the apps that can't be deleted like the calendar, calculator or clock. And drag it to the last page (11th) and make sure it is the last app on the bottom right of the page. The 11th page should be filled now and you should have an empty space on the first page where you took the undeletable app from.

3. Next you have to download a new app or if you are like me who has a ton of apps that you have deleted just re download an older app. You should have all 11 pages filled up now (163 apps).

4. Here comes the part that you have to do right. Drag an app from the 10th page and put it on the 11th page but make sure you don't place that app on the last spot (the bottom right on the page). By doing this it will force that last app on the 11th page (which needs to be one of the undeletable apps like the clock, notes or whatever you choose) to go into limbo. Because there are no more pages the last app will disappear.

5. You should now have an empty space on page 10 because you moved it to page 11 and the last app disappeared. Now all you have to do is download another new app to fill the space on page 10. As soon as you do this your iPod will freeze for a second and a new page will appear. When I did it the new page was the second page....it only had the new app I just downloaded on it and the rest of the page was empty. The undeletable app that got pushed into limbo will be back on page 1 with the rest of the undeletable apps like nothing ever happened.

That's it....It worked for me and it was really easy to do. I am going to put all of my apps in my iPod now which I am guessing I will have about 20 pages. You can keep on going and add as many pages as you want all you have to do is keep repeating the steps when you iPod is getting full. I really hope this helps people!! Please let me know if you have any questions or if it is not working for you!!
08-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Bravo...
08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I kind of figured there were other threads on here about this. I just wanted to make easy directions on how to do it right.
08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
OK......I just read the other thread about the glitch and his way is a lot more easier!!!!!