Let's talk PC gaming

03-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Let's talk PC gaming

I can't be the only one here who plays PC games as much as IOS games, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread to discuss PC games, the newest releases, cool upcoming games, interesting news, etc.
03-30-2014, 10:08 AM
So I've been following Ultimate General: Gettysburg since it was on Greenlight. Dev released 20 minutes of gameplay, looks excellent

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-30-2014, 10:54 AM
I played Far Cry, it came bundled with my graphics card when i built my custom PC years ago. Bought a couple of games here and there.. spider-man 3, resident evil 4, GTA San Andreas. But that's it really. But my favourite game on PC ever is the fan made Streets of Rage: Remake. Hope it gets ported to iPhone
03-30-2014, 08:20 PM
I just beat Unepic (indie metroidvania) and had a lot of fun with it. Rogue Legacy was good but got old quick. Playing some Heroes of Might & Magic III right now. I tried to get into Hitman Absolution but couldn't (yet) and am hooing to give the new Tomb Raider a whirl. F.E.A.R. is a lot of fun.

I prefer DRM-free stuff through GOG than Steam.

Last edited by undeadcow; 03-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.
03-30-2014, 09:41 PM
9+ years of WoW, and lots of steam games.

Sadly, many games I loved back then, are not nearly as fun today, on Steam.

Some of my favorite PC games ever...

1. Masters of Orion
2. Civ 2
3. Capitalism
4. The Gold Box D and D games.... I really loved those.
5. Gateway to Apshai
6. The original Bard's Tale..... But today I can't even stand playing it
7. Jagged Alliance2
8. Evil Genius
9. Any good 4x game, really
10. I foget ;2 name, but there is a business sim on Steam, and I loved it.

Last edited by Papa Deuce; 03-30-2014 at 09:44 PM.
03-30-2014, 10:22 PM
My favorite pc game was starcraft. Hope blizzard makes it for the ipad one day.
03-30-2014, 10:32 PM
I don't have a very powerful machine, but have gotten back into the PC gaming scene thanks to OnLive and their CloudLift service that will stream certain Steam games from their servers. Been playing a lot of Saints Row IV and Batman: Arkham Origins. Batman: AO has a pretty fun multiplayer mode, too.
03-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I just beat Unepic (indie metroidvania) and had a lot of fun with it. Rogue Legacy was good but got old quick. Playing some Heroes of Might & Magic III right now. I tried to get into Hitman Absolution but couldn't (yet) and am hooing to give the new Tomb Raider a whirl. F.E.A.R. is a lot of fun.

I prefer DRM-free stuff through GOG than Steam.
GOG is mostly old school games? I prefer Humble and Steam. Actually there are quite a few DRM-free games on Steam

If you like Rogue Legacy, you've probably played Spelunky, right? I love roguelikes; if you like those two, definitely check out Towerclimb and Catacomb Kids.
03-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Wait, you can play games that aren't League of Legends on your PC?

Learn something new every day.
03-31-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm personally a big fan of strategy games and 4x games in general, I tend to play Space Empires IV Gold and Distant Worlds a lot. I'm pretty much limited to those couple until I buy a new PC unfortunately.

Although I have been thinking about buying a new laptop as the trackpad died on my old one a few days ago I might even go and have a look at what's available this week sometime.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out