Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-30-2014, 11:38 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Default Hodappy Bird by Madgarden

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

What started as a ridiculous proposal in a bar at GDC has since turned in to the game which will bring about a new era of iOS gaming. Forget everything you thought you knew about video games. Hodappy Bird is nearly upon us. It's going to be submitted soon, and will be quickly available as a free download.

It has bitcoins you can find (and mine via watching Vungle videos) which are then spent to randomize Hodappy Bird's appearance along with ACTUAL PAY TO WIN MECHANICS where you can buy increasingly expensive continues. If that's not your thing, the alternate Super Hodappy Bird 64 is the pure pro gamer mode you're looking for with no continues allowed AND shifted color palette which makes Gunnar gaming glasses required.

COMING SOON FOR... ZERO DOLLARS.

Last edited by Eli; 04-01-2014 at 03:19 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 11:40 PM

What are you doing trying to hype this game up like that... "Forget everything you knew about video games" hahahahahaha
Old 03-30-2014, 11:45 PM
TouchArcade Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno11233 View Post
What are you doing trying to hype this game up like that... "Forget everything you knew about video games" hahahahahaha
Hodappy Bird is for gamers with discerning tastes, clearly you aren't hardcore enough.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:46 PM
iPhone 4

Much hype.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:49 PM

I wasn't trying to offend you. It seems like a joke. Literally and intentionally.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:51 PM
TouchArcade Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno11233 View Post
I wasn't trying to offend you. It seems like a joke. Literally and intentionally.
I'm not offended, I just realize that this game might just be too good for a lot of people out there to understand. It's like when you watch Citizen Kane as a child and your takeaway is "What the hell is 'Rosebud'?"
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Great 1! Lol. I wonder if anyone will believe this? I love that you have a screen shot of a video ad. It would be awesome if in the end the jokes on me. I wish I could add spoiler in the TA app.

Last edited by coolpepper43; 03-30-2014 at 11:57 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 AM

Default Hodappy Bird FIRST REVIEW

Hodappy Bird in a word, is complete iPhone perfection. Similar to how Casablanca and Citizen Cane are taught in film schools around the planet as the greatest movies of all time, Hodappy Bird will no doubt quickly become the text book example of a excellence in iPhone gaming and will serve as a benchmark for all new iPhone developers to aspire to when searching for App Store greatness.

Similar to JRR Tolkein's Lord of the Rings trilogy redefining the fantasy genre as we know it today, madgarden's Hodappy Bird has forever changed the flappy gaming scene. The game's protagonist, Hodapp, flaps in the air minding his own business. By tapping the screen, he begins flapping in the air towards small gaps between pipes that represent comments, PR e-mails, and toucharcade forum assholes.

During flight through the air, you earn points by making it through gaps between tubes and collecting bitcoins. If you even come close to a tube you will die, but don't fear because you can spend your bitcoins to continue the game! If you don't have bitcoins, the game lets you mine bitcoins right there! I mean come on what more can you ask for? No IAPs! The game even includes a Super Hodapp 64 Pro mode that makes everything more amazing by changing the colors.

Now you may think to yourself "oh this is just another dumb Flappy Bird clone!" However you would be mistaken! According to the creator Eli Hodapp, he actually met Grandmaster Dong and got personal approval for this project! That means this is the first officially condoned Flappy Bird clone EVER. Think about that for a minute. Doesn't that blow your 💩💩💩💩ing mind?

While Hodappy Bird has a limited GameCenter setup, the amazing art and sound design will have both art snobs and audiophiles alike amazed with the overall production. Hodapp is drawn with such absolute clarity that the game almost feels life-like. The sound effects, whether a bloop or a beep, are masterfully recorded and feature a warmth and tonality which is often lost in highly compressed iPhone audio tracks. These things combined create an immersive gaming experience which is rivaled by few other titles on the App Store today.

But don't take my word for it, instead, watch the video- http://files.me.com/ehodapp/xm0wfh.mov

My only regret is not having a camera capable of picking up all the subtle nuances in the art, and while I believe the h.264 codec is the best video codec available today... Hodappy Bird is a game which truly must be experienced to be fully appreciated.

(Oh god please no one take this seriously.)
(If you don't get it read http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=10211).

Last edited by zeromhz; 03-31-2014 at 12:25 AM..
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Needs more timers and premium currencies
Old 03-31-2014, 12:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Great 1! Lol. I wonder if anyone will believe this? I love that you have a screen shot of a video ad. It would be awesome if in the end the jokes on me. I wish I could add spoiler in the TA app.
This is real hardcore stuff.. not for the faint of heart.