★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: InsaneRoot
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 114.4 MB
  • Version: 1.4.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Spellbounders is an epic multiplayer fantasy word game from developer InsaneRoot. Compete against thousands of players in a battle of wits, words and magic. Unlock new heroes, cast powerful spells and bask in the glory of victory!

Winner of Apps World 2014 Big Indie Game Pitch!

Key Features:

Choose Your Hero - Pick your favorite hero and use their unique talents to help you defeat your opponents. Try all the heroes to find the best fit for your playstyle.

Epic Spells - Unleash the secret magic of the board and lay waste to your enemies with powerful epic spells.

Discover Devastating Tactics - Use your heroes talents to turn the tides of battle and achieve victory!

Vanity Tiles - Unlock dozens of special vanity tiles to separate yourself from your enemies and crush them in style!

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/insaneroot
03-31-2014, 06:25 AM
Aw darn I love these types of games. I just wish it wasn't iPad only. I guess they think the screen isn't big enough?

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
03-31-2014, 07:21 AM
I downloaded this. It sure looks nice. Right now, I am waiting for the game to find an "auto-match" opponent for me.

Edit: I am in a game now and enjoying myself. Of course this is similar to Words with Friends, but with a lovely theme and a few twists.

I hope this game catches on and gathers a nice community. If it does, I will be happy to buy some of the (very optional) IAP. Feel free to request me as a Game Center friend (mention TA or this game) and challenge me.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 03-31-2014 at 02:49 PM.
03-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Great game as far as I can see. Words with friends in a fantasy theme and several interesting power ups. Gorgeous graphics and light music.
04-01-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm one of the two guys that made this game and I'm glad you guys like it!

@L.Lawliet: We are hard at work on an iPhone version as we speak. The game runs great on the phone, just need to change some of the UI elements to better fit the smaller screen.
04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I have played a few games and I still have not figured out how to play the talents. Can someone explain this?

04-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I have played a few games and I still have not figured out how to play the talents. Can someone explain this?
Tap the talent you want to cast then hit the confirm button (the button that glows blue) on the bottom right.

Some talents have cases where you need to specify a spot on the board (Meteor, Ice Block, etc) but most talents are cast just by selecting it and hitting the confirm.
04-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks. I never noticed the confirmation button.

04-02-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm excited to play the game, but it won't get past the title screen on my iPad Mini (it shows the title screen and plays music, but doesn't go any further). Any chance it has issues with the Mini? I can't find a place to post questions on the maker's website.