★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Steve Richey
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 3.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A port of Adam Atomic's Flappy Jam game for iOS. Open source! Free! No in-app anything, just flap or don't.

Features:
- Flapping
- Spikes

Original version: http://adamatomic.com/flappybalt/
Source code: https://github.com/steverichey/Flappybalt
03-31-2014, 07:27 AM
Tis finally here!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Downloaded twice plus a restart before i write here.
Better not released as is. No Gamecenter, no sfx sounds and only two spikey bars on each side, at least until 38 flaps. From the upcoming thread i might remember seeing more bars on each side.

Don't want to believe this came from Frost, no way. So what happend ?
03-31-2014, 08:16 AM
Yaaaay!

Edit: This is good man

Last edited by JCho133; 03-31-2014 at 04:11 PM.
03-31-2014, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Downloaded twice plus a restart before i write here.
Better not released as is. No Gamecenter, no sfx sounds and only two spikey bars on each side, at least until 38 flaps. From the upcoming thread i might remember seeing more bars on each side.

Don't want to believe this came from Frost, no way. So what happened ?
Haha, no, this is not my version, mine had medals, another mode, more obstacles, sound, music, a better icon,..., a harbor of love... but its on hold until I buy a Mac and can finish it with XCode. It will take a while (already bought an excellent PC not so long ago that I am not willing to replace so soon, and a PS4 last week...) to be completed. I need to read the manuals before I do stuff. Didnt know Construct 2 asked for a real Mac, not a MacInCloud.com thing, so on the final step asks you to plug in my iPhone to test it and its impossible. :/

The original game rocks: http://adamatomic.com/flappybalt
03-31-2014, 02:04 PM
I am sooooo disappointed that this isn't the frosty one. It's this one that leaves me cold, though.
03-31-2014, 02:56 PM
No menu button, leaderboards or settings. Fun to check out though.
03-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Haha, no, this is not my version, mine had medals, another mode, more obstacles, sound, music, a better icon,..., a harbor of love... but its on hold until I buy a Mac and can finish it with XCode. It will take a while (already bought an excellent PC not so long ago that I am not willing to replace so soon, and a PS4 last week...) to be completed. I need to read the manuals before I do stuff. Didnt know Construct 2 asked for a real Mac, not a MacInCloud.com thing, so on the final step asks you to plug in my iPhone to test it and its impossible. :/

The original game rocks: http://adamatomic.com/flappybalt
Oh man. That bums me out. The Frost, you had better get a Mac and start making games!
03-31-2014, 05:46 PM
I have found a bug and I can't find a way to report it to the developer. I'm playing on the iPad 3 wifi iOS 7.1 (no jailbreak) and there is a gap on the down right corner of the screen. If I fall in there I don't die and the score keep being increased. I'm sure it will be responsible for a lot of fake score.

By the way, would put a music and some sfx hurt the developer?

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 03-31-2014 at 05:50 PM.
03-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Too easy, lacks the difficulty/reward that makes you want to try again. Got bored and ended it at 333.