★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flashout 2 $2.99 > $0.99

03-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Flashout 2 $2.99 > $0.99

03-31-2014, 10:18 PM
This is not going to make awp69 very happy.

03-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
This is not going to make awp69 very happy.
Wow, you're absolutely right. I've now officially branded Jujubee my least favorite dev on the App Store. First let's release a game clearly aimed at getting people to buy lots of IAPs. Let's tweak the model to make it seem like it's better but is still horrible for this type of game.

And hey, why not screw over those people who were already upset at you with a price drop!!

Screw you Jujubee. Guess that 1.5 star rating on the App Store is coming back to bite you with low sales. Karma sucks doesn't it .
03-31-2014, 10:42 PM
This is a joke right?
03-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Wow, looks like another paidmium app shows it's true colors. This game has been a disaster since it was released last week.
03-31-2014, 11:45 PM
Who do they think they are, trying to make money off of their hard work. Disgusting.
04-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Who do they think they are, trying to make money off of their hard work. Disgusting.
Who do they think they are? Charging $2.99 for a game loaded with consumable IAPs. Let's make you waste your coins for boosts and ammo instead of ship upgrades and new ships. Oh, if you spent half your coins and lost the race. Sorry about your luck. You can always buy more coins if you need to.

Spend a few dollars more and get Repulze, a real futuristic racing game that actually rewards skill.

Sorry, these devs dug their own grave with an ugly business model and I have no sympathy for them. There's much better indie devs who really do deserve your money.

This dev? Well, disgusting probably is a good term.
04-01-2014, 12:12 AM
The latest update takes away the respawn countdown timer and doubles the cash amount you get in races. So no need to be assholes, at least not as much.
04-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyOnDrugs (GOD) View Post
The latest update takes away the respawn countdown timer and doubles the cash amount you get in races. So no need to be assholes, at least not as much.
I've played it with the update. It's still not balanced well and, frankly, the whole idea of consumables in a Wipeout style game is ridiculous. And it screamed freemium from day one so to drop a game in price so soon also seems suspicious of their intentions to begin with.

I appreciate the name calling. That also really says a lot about yourself. I've been around these forums forever and I'm just trying to call out a dev.

There's no reason to have consumables in a game like this. You basically can lose money on a race if you don't buy enough ammo, etc. Not what I call fun gaming. This was a very hyped game that failed at it's expectations and to drop the price so soon just adds insult to injury.

Bad business model? Bad reviews on the App Store? If they really are genuine, they'd scrap the consumables and just put more powerups on the tracks.

Oh and that double winnings is only for the coins you pick up on the track. That prizes for winning cups haven't changed at all.

Sorry for just speaking the truth.
04-01-2014, 01:01 AM
And this is why I wait to see if a game has any crappy looking IAPs in the Appstore. I usually just play games without dispensable IAPs these days, they're generally the better games in the Appstore anyways. But the very few games I play with these kind of IAP systems, I'm just glad there's forums like Toucharcade with good posters giving the scoop on these IAPs so I don't waste my time and money. Yeah, thanks awp69.