Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-01-2014, 03:58 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Default Hoppy Croaker - (by Kristo Eevardi)

A humorous superhero teaser trailer:
Hoppy Croaker - Superhero Trailer

A humorous dramatic teaser trailer:
Hoppy Croaker - Dramatic Trailer

Any feedback has the value of gold to me.
As a Indie Developer an opinion from a players point of view is rare to come. So please tell me what you think is good about the game and what you dislike and could be improved.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KristoE; 04-01-2014 at 04:36 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM

As promised some feedback

Graphics were uninspiring - look at Tiny Wings as an example.
Bar at bottom indicating button press seems redundant - did not know what it was. Maybe use something above the frog
I got blasted with big video Ads for Clash of Clans right at the beginning - this was annoying as I could not exit them
Don't keep prompting the player to upgrade to ad-free
2D panels are unattractive
Gameplay was repetitive, so I cannot think why I would play it again
Unity games can be a lot more polished

HTH

N
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM

I agree with videomindgay on a few points such as the graphics. I think they could be improved. Also, the game seems slow to me or is maybe too simple. It didn't have that feel that would make me want to play again after a few tries.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:34 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the feedback. With the graphics I took the simplistic approach on purpose. I like the pixelated retro look. But I guess I could try to add some more variety. And the game is supposed to be repetitive aswell. It is the kind of game that falls in the same category with flappy bird. But instead of just making a clone like so many are doing I decided to come up with an original idea. The video ads will most likely be replaced in the next update. But if you say the game is easy then you must be really good at it. I myself haven't got over 20 points.
Moving the bar above the frog is actually a good idea and I'll probably do that.
I guess some people like these kind of low commitment games and some people don't. Can't please everyone.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:54 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Special notice!
The premium version is going free for one day only from April 5-6.
No ad's or anything.
I just feel charitable.
As I make no profit from this campaign I would highly appreciate a few good words about the game on the AppStore as reviews and of course feedback on the forum.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 AM

And the game is supposed to be repetitive swell.

You could try making the lilies come at different heights - more challenging, and slightly less repetitive

Moving the bar above the frog

Thinking about, it an arc like in Angry birds would be much better, so the player knows where he is going to jump. The focus then becomes player anticipation as to whether they make the jump

Also, add some "spring" to the frog - maybe a bit of physics.

N
Old 04-04-2014, 03:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I kinda though that jump meter didn't reflect the actual jump. I had a hard time controlling the distance and sometimes I though I should have made the jump but didn't.

I liked the graphics, maybe there weren't the most original, but they fit the game well.

I guess this game was supposed to be difficult, but I would have liked easier controls and maybe extra gameplay elements. Some stuff to grab or something?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:04 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the reply's once again. I think I could add a hardcore mode, that gets even more difficult as it progresses and adds variety like moving lily pads and such. The jump meter has gotten a lot of critique and I am trying to think of a better mechanic. But using an angry birds like arc I think would make the game a bit too easy. I can see people having trouble because the useful launch power range is at the end of the power bar. That is because increasing the launch speed of the frog increases the distance exponentially, so I could adjust the power bar so it would rather illustrate the distance instead of the launch speed.

Keep the feedback coming, this is very useful. Helps me develop this game and also all my upcoming games. A different point of view is extremely valuable to an indie dev such as I.