★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: If you are into strategy, UFHO2 will put your brain to the test.

For those looking for an entertaining local multiplayer game [] this is a solid choice 148Apps.com
It's an entertaining and smart mash-up of puzzler and board game PocketGamer.co.uk
One of those titles you cant afford not to have on your iPad iSpazio.net
A great strategy board game with sophisticated level of difficulty, and high emergent complexity iPlayApps.de

In UFHO2, you play a jelly alien trying to get as many gems as possible while moving about in a maze-like UFO. Play turn-based matches against smart opponents, and use your brain to outwit them and get the upper hand.

UFHO2 is strategy at its finest, packed in a competitive board game tailored from the ground-up for the iPad and iPhone. In this sequel, things get bigger and better in every way: new stages, more board layouts, all new characters, new game modes, and more powerups, leaderboards and achievements. What more can you ask for?

JELLY FEATURES:
Story Mode 10 unique planets along 2 different story lines, for a total of 25+ matches
Local Multiplayer mode outwitting your friends is more fun when you can see the disappointment in their eyes
Situations mode once youve become really good, show your worth in these super-hard matches!
GameCenter support, with 24 Achievements and 2 Leaderboards shared between iOS and OSX - be the best in the world!
Play up to 4 on one iPad!
10 different alien races to unlock, each one with its own in-game power
6 guests from other indie games (World of Goo, Super Crate Box, Bit.Trip, Blocks That Matter, Gish, Cortex Command)
A wonderful original soundtrack, by composer Francesco D'Andrea listen to it on http://bit.ly/UFHO2soundtrack

AND MORE TO COME SOON:
A cross-platform Online Multiplayer mode
Even more characters
Hats for everyone :)

Follow the game @UFHO2 and the developer @ccontinisio

killercow's comments:

04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Great trailer! I would like to get a better idea of how the game works.

Never mind. In answer to my own question, I found the KickStarter web site for the game, which has a good description:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-strategy-game

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

Last edited by slewis7; 04-01-2014 at 09:25 AM.

04-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Great trailer! I would like to get a better idea of how the game works.
Here you go:

Find me on Twitter
04-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Wow

Thanks guys, you've beaten me to it!

The game may seem complicated at first. It's because of the board layout, that's naturally visually complex*, but once you get that the game has only 3 basic actions and one golden rule (if it's connected, you can move), you will see that starting to play is not that hard.

Mastering it, on the other hand...

For any question, I'm here!

* it's 49 Rooms grouped in 7 Sectors, both Rooms and Sectors have 3 exits!

Ciro Continisio
Tiny Colossus

Just released UFHO2 for the iPad | TA thread
04-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Congrats on the release!

But... I don't have an iPad. Just this little iPhone 5S
04-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Congrats on the release!

But... I don't have an iPad. Just this little iPhone 5S
I know But the game requires quite a lot of screen estate because you have to see all the board at once, so it's only for iPad now. I'll work on a solution though...

Ciro Continisio
Tiny Colossus

04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
It's ok, don't fret too much

Anyone here tried this yet?
04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiroContinisio View Post
I know But the game requires quite a lot of screen estate because you have to see all the board at once, so it's only for iPad now. I'll work on a solution though...
Ipad only games are great! I support the ipad movement!
04-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Eli plays UFHO2

So apparently, TA's own Eli Hodapp played UFHO2 in a streaming earlier (sorry I missed that, we have wildly different timezones!)

I don't know how, he managed to play a planet that wasn't supposed to be available from the start, so he skips the tutorial.

Regardless, he managed to understand the game. This is quite cool because people usually don't get how the game works in 3 minutes and surely not without the tutorial.

Good work, Eli!

Ciro Continisio
Tiny Colossus

04-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Game Impressions

I think it's a very good digital boardgame, with a lot of attention to details. It's cool that it has a single player campaign, but it really shines when playing against other people. It runs great on my iPad 3. I feel like my money was well spent!

Andrea Pantaloni | 48h Studio

Last edited by AxBattler; 04-05-2014 at 12:12 PM.