Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default IGN's 1112 review is brutal. Is it valid?

For those who have played, here is IGN's review of 1112:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/938/938159p1.html

What I am wondering is if it was a reviewer who wanted too much from the adventure? His concerns seem to be focused on things outside the contraints the iPhone puts on the gaming and more on core gameplay issues (plot, quality control, etc). Yet some of the store reviews just GUSH. So... confusion has set in on this one, especially for the price.

By the way, IGN has most iPhone reviews on their wireless site. A good source for game info, if you're interested!

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this game!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:27 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I've made the same question in a 1112 thread and an user (sorry I didn't remember the nick) said that he don't agree with this review.
So,read it like "the bad of this game is...",and if the issue exposed are critical for you,wait until an update or a price change (like me).
Old 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM

I have to disagree. I thought the game wasn't that hard. I only used online help once, but I usually have to with adventure games. I also loved getting those extra options. Reading them really added character to the game. I also had no issues with the plot. I enjoyed revealing more and more about the world.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

yeah it really ruined my evening when I saw that yesterday!
One of the most stupid review ever! the guy actually barely played the game from what i've read.
And killing the music ? what the hell? we had an article giving Two big thumbs to the music the day before on pocketgamer!

worst, he the reviewer had the update ready with spelling and tutos included and didn't install it ..
come on they give 8 and 9 to most small game that easily , why the hell did they murdered us like that ?

For the record there won't be any price change for ep01 , I won't prostitute the game , I'm still working on the next episodes (they will be priced 4$ something), and making another game at the same time (Expect a good surprise there)

It's a shame to see all those effort wasted , (now I guess it may difficult to have the game succeeding in the US market)... too bad we are powerless to have this unfair review modified or removed... I though only pros were working at Ign's...

Pocketgamer review just the day before:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhon...ew.asp?c=10447
Customers must be really puzzled now

Last edited by aghartastudio; 12-14-2008 at 09:03 AM..
Old 12-14-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
why the hell did they murdered us like that ?
Maybe he has personal grudge against one of your teams.. or maybe you steal his girlfriend?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
why the hell did they murdered us like that ?
It's "murder" us like that, just so you know.

I feel for you buddy. I haven't got the game yet but will definitely buy it. I admire your enthusiasm for making the game as good as it can be. People complained about spelling errors and lack of instructions, and you provided a fix. This reviewer couldn't even be bothered to play the new update. It's a shame some people follow these reviews blindly. I'm just glad I am part of this forum.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 12-14-2008 at 09:09 AM..
Old 12-14-2008, 09:19 AM

I find this game without comparison on the iPhone for this genre, I've nearly finished it, and very occasionally looked at how too's if I've been totally stuck.

I love the music, and like how you can change it on the alarm clock with the tuning dial. I nearly threw the phone across the room when I realised I just had to tilt the iPhone vertically to use the phone, you've no idea how long I'd been trying to use it

My point is, I love the game... the only part of the IGN review I partially agree with is the number of items you can't properly interact with.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:26 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

thanks
you should post some comment on ign's site if you all want to help!
maybe future players will care!
Old 12-14-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelrose View Post
For those who have played, here is IGN's review of 1112:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/938/938159p1.html

What I am wondering is if it was a reviewer who wanted too much from the adventure? His concerns seem to be focused on things outside the contraints the iPhone puts on the gaming and more on core gameplay issues (plot, quality control, etc). Yet some of the store reviews just GUSH. So... confusion has set in on this one, especially for the price.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this game!
I just finished playing through 1112, and I thought it was great. Sure, it was a bit convoluted, but I enjoyed reading all the random object descriptions and stuff.

As others have said, he clearly played the game before the grammar corrections went through and I'm wondering if it was also before the tutorial, the absence of which made the game rather more confusing, imo.

It is short though and, plotwise, raises more questions than it answers. But it's episode one of 8 (?) so that's acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:33 AM

i loved the first episode! cant wait for the second one!