★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 15 Coins is a deceptively difficult minimalistic arcade game with one goal: collect 15 Coins before you are killed by your clones.

Your ship is always moving forward and all you have to do is tilt or tap to turn left and right to collect 15 Coins. The only thing standing between you and victory are endless clones that follow the path you've traveled. Crash into a clone and its game over. Youre not alone though, you can collect a power-up to temporarily freeze the clones and smash into them to destroy them!

Can you avoid your clones long enough to collect 15 Coins?

================

"15 Coins is a rather intriguing game that I have fun playing, and a fantastic example of how minimalistic, challenging arcade games should be done." - 148apps.com - Rated 4.0/5.0

"15 Coins is a simple arcade style game that is impossibly difficult. Similar to Flappy Bird, it makes you want to keep playing over and over, no matter how poorly you perform, just to try to get one more coin before you die" - iDownloadBlog.com - No Rating

"15 Coins is hard. Alright, that was the shortest review I've ever written. I'll be back Monday." - Cult of Mac - 4.0/5.0

"If you're a fan of these minimalistic arcade games that are all about skills and reflexes, then you should pick this one up." - App Advice - Rated 4.5/5.0

"Worth Way More Than 15 Of Your Coins" - Apple'N'Apps - Rated 4.0/5.0

"Extremely simple. Extremely hard. Extremely addictive" - Appgefahren.de - No Rating

"15 Coins has me locked in a cycle of trying to outdo myself. It's a stylish and accessible game that's worth a look for anybody who enjoys quickfire action and high score-chasing." - PocketGamer - No Rating
04-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Hi! Developer of 15 Coins here, really looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on 15 Coins. If you have any questions, suggestions, or other comments post here and we'll do our best to answer in a timely manner.

15 Coins Launch trailer:

PS - Many TA forum members helped test and provided feedback to get 15 Coins to where it is. We can't express how thankful we are for all the help and general positiveness we received from everyone here. We really appreciate everything and can't wait to hear more feedback now that our game is finally launching.

15 Coins - TA thread|15 Coins Webpage
Follow Us|Like Us

04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
I absolutely love the look of this, the trailer just confirms that it's an instabuy. It reminds me of Tilt to Live combined with Catch-22 and Don't Shoot Yourself with the aesthetic of PUK. All of which are good comparisons for me, looking forward to it!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
04-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Impressions from the Upcoming thread
Quote:
Playing the beta and I'm really enjoying my time with 15 Coins. I think the most apt comparison would be the twitch game Catch-22 turned up to 11. Your simple goal is to collect the titular 15 coins as they appear on the screen across three difficulty modes. The screen is your arena and the edges loop you around to the other side. Your little arrow moves forward automatically, while you turn left or right. I felt the tilt controls were much too loose and pretty unwieldy but the touch controls are very responsive.

So while collecting coins may be simple in theory, 15 Coins' gameplay mechanic quickly proves that the task is easier said than done. Every few seconds, a clone appears, mirroring your movements over those last seconds. One or two may be easy to evade, but the screen quickly becomes a moving minefield as your past selves begin to fill the screen. However you're not totally defenseless; by collecting a power-up, the clones freeze and you can smash through them. But actually reaching those power-ups and then destroying clones without leaving yourself cornered when they start moving again is a challenge

I've only been playing on Easy, will post more thoughts on the other difficulties once I've tried them
I did succeed on Easy mode after many tries, and the other two modes ramp up the speed. Both medium and hard make Easy looks like a cakewalk

If you like challenging twitchy games, you'll definitely enjoy 15 Coins
04-02-2014, 03:30 PM

Not really my type of Game. I have probably played already too many Games that just let you retry something over and over again till you finally manage it. Don`t get me wrong. If you like those kind of Games you definitly should look into getting 15 Coins but otherwise I strongly would suggest getting one of the other Games that are launching tonight.
04-02-2014, 03:40 PM
That's kind of unfair to say that...but anyway, I'm picking up nearly every title releasing tonight and even though I'm in love with FTL, I'm still hugely looking forward to this!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.
04-02-2014, 03:46 PM
I will also be picking this up,I had great fun beta testing and looking forward to the final release.
04-02-2014, 11:20 PM
I checked the trailer and it's really good, it's fun but it quickly gives an idea of what the game is about!

Ciro Continisio
Tiny Colossus

Just released UFHO2 for the iPad | TA thread
04-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I looks a lot like 0-snake but with more elements. And that's a good thing.
04-03-2014, 05:19 AM
This game is hard af.