Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Micronytes Director's Cut (by Miguel Vega Arance)

Old 05-13-2014, 10:02 PM

Alright. I'll give it a try. Looks kind of cute. Let's see
Old 05-14-2014, 08:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I'm definitely interested.

Mzinn,
How do you like the game?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Tempted, looks like the closest thing to Super Meat Boy I seen on iOS.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

I ended up buying it and so far initial impressions are really positive. First thing, it is not a runner, you can go left and right, and they work perfectly. They really are up to the task ahead, much in the vein for Super Meat Boy. It has GameCenter and its very polished overall. Need more time with it but so far I am having a blast.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Tempted, looks like the closest thing to Super Meat Boy I seen on iOS.
Bought, impressions later
Old 05-16-2014, 04:17 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
I ended up buying it and so far initial impressions are really positive. First thing, it is not a runner, you can go left and right, and they work perfectly. They really are up to the task ahead, much in the vein for Super Meat Boy. It has GameCenter and its very polished overall. Need more time with it but so far I am having a blast.
Well I did have more time with it. The controls are really solid, could be easily be among the best I seen. The buttons are really responsive, and the theme is cool too, with all obstacles and such being congruent to the insides of a body. The pace is great and runs at a nice speed, and you can tap the jump button lightly to jump or longer to jump farther away. It works. But, unfortunately, the gameplay is... so by the book. Doesn't try to do anything new, just follows other footsteps. Micronytes, cant hold it against MiniDash, to name the king and came out a year ago, who does offer some new twists and their own ideas on top of the Super Meat Boy foundation. I am not saying it also bad, just uninspired. Fans of the genre need it thou, will be a good fix.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Well I did have more time with it. The controls are really solid, could be easily be among the best I seen. The buttons are really responsive, and the theme is cool too, with all obstacles and such being congruent to the insides of a body. The pace is great and runs at a nice speed, and you can tap the jump button lightly to jump or longer to jump farther away. It works. But, unfortunately, the gameplay is... so by the book. Doesn't try to do anything new, just follows other footsteps. Micronytes, cant hold it against MiniDash, to name the king and came out a year ago, who does offer some new twists and their own ideas on top of the Super Meat Boy foundation. I am not saying it also bad, just uninspired. Fans of the genre need it thou, will be a good fix.
Awesome, thank you Frost - been having a craving for one of these and setting my expectations lower will probably mean I'll enjoy it more. At least the price is low enough that it won't be painful if I'm disappointed unlike Super Obstacle Boy and a few others I could probably name!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Awesome, thank you Frost - been having a craving for one of these and setting my expectations lower will probably mean I'll enjoy it more. At least the price is low enough that it won't be painful if I'm disappointed unlike Super Obstacle Boy and a few others I could probably name!
Yeah I didnt like SOB too. If you dont have Minidash maybe get that one, or 14px which is also very good and both sets the bar up high for the rest.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:41 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Yeah I didnt like SOB too. If you dont have Minidash maybe get that one, or 14px which is also very good and both sets the bar up high for the rest.
Cool, cheers - I love 14px though I haven't finished it yet. Haven't heard of Minidash before, sounds like I'm in for a treat going to need to take out a loan soon if they keep bringing more games out :P