Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-02-2014, 09:29 PM

Default How do you get an account in canada if you are in the USA?

Want to pick up hearthstone and never went out of my area before. Thanks in advance for helping the slow....

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-04-2014 at 02:23 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Open up iTunes, go to the iTunes Store and make sure you are signed out. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the flag in the bottom right. Once the next page has loaded, choose the required country (The most useful are New Zealand and Canada) Canada is at the top with the US, New Zealand is halfway through the Asia Pacific category.

Once the Store refreshes, find a free app and click to buy it. Choose Create ID from the pop-up and follow the instructions from there, putting in an email address (must be a valid email). Open this link:

http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

Choose the country that you're making the account for and generate an ID. All you need from this is the address and phone number, the other details can be anything you want really though best something that you will remember if you need to recover it.

Once all of this is done, you'll get an email with a verification link in it. After that, you're done! Free to play Hearthstone, Angry Birds Epic and all the other awesome soft launches!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:01 AM

Okay i do not get it, is this legal? I go to the canada site, give them a fake name and address, a new email address ( is that the one generated on the same page as the fake name?) then when i get to the part i need to enter in my visa card what do i do then, it wants one that bills to a canadian address, right? I just do not get thru the procedure, and wonder about the the ethics of it all.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:13 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's not like you're stealing. The ethics aren't bad at all. You just want to get early releases/betas early s you can't wait a few weeks

Lots of people do the same trick for New Zealand as you'll get games early in the day. Seems a bit OTT rather than just waiting

Wouldn't it be a pain if you need to update any apps? Don't you have or keep signing in and out of different accounts ?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:14 AM

Don't you have to enter some form of payment in there though?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

To have international accounts, you just need an address with a legit postal code. Nothing else. For the phone number add anything, anything works. For the bank account, you just need to do what Pete said. Go first to the New Zealand AppStore without logged in, look for a free game, then iTunes will ask for an account, tell them you don't want to add a bank account, ....

Here are my fake addresses, if someone want to move in with me for iTunes purposes, join its free xD

In Canada I live here according to iTunes xD

Av Lake
Duvernay
Quebec H7E 1V5
Canada

Or in New Zealand I live here xD:

Irvam 4
Cambourne
New Zealand

I have accounts for New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Canada, US, Finland, France, Germany, and more that I cant remember...

To manage that, do it here:

AppleID

Now go on a try all those fantastic soft launch titles like Hordes of Heroes, for example...
Old 04-03-2014, 05:41 AM

Its saying the generated VISA is invalid for the store?

Doing this from my phone, maybe that's why I don't have the option to not add a card?

Edit: Damn, my session times out. Gotta restart

Last edited by JCho133; 04-03-2014 at 05:44 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Anyone wanna let me borrow their account?

I guess I'll just do it on me laptop later today
Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

When it gives the option to add a credit card, say "Not at this moment" or something like that, but you have to first select a free game with no account signed in with. So with an empty iPhone AppStore app, without a login, select a country, select a free app and then that option. I cant remember if it is "Not at the moment" or something else, but the option is there. Enjoy
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

for me the easiest way is to change my itunes account country. you need just a valid zip-code and a phone nr for the country you change(ca.,nz) and if your account has a credit card it will not work for other country, just select "none" and after you download what you want change your country back