★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Control Polar Bowler as he rides a variety of special inner tubes, navigating icy curves, loops, blind spots, and nutty obstacles, as he attempts to knock over clusters of pins. Melt, slice, and zap your way through tons of challenging landscapes to collect stars and points.

Rolling a strike will test your reflexes and puzzle-solving skills!

FEATURES:

-107 unique and challenging levels that each require their own strategy to solve.

-10 different inner tubes that each offer a unique way to pass levels and change how you play.

-Attempt to get 3 stars on every level for fame and glory!

-Daily rewards! Receive a free item everyday to assist you in your journey.

-Family friendly!
04-03-2014, 03:11 AM
I didn't know wild tangent was bringing their games to ios. Does anyone think we'll get a fate game on here too?

04-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Love to bowl! I'm in! This looks cool!
04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I think I'll be trying this as well. Looks great.
04-04-2014, 08:54 AM
So I went ahead and picked this one up. It's a fun game with 75 diverse levels of bowling pin layouts/obstacle courses. There's a ton of power-up tubes and special "weapons".

For $.99 there really is a lot here and it's entertaining.

I made my decision to buy based on the developers free Polar Bowler game 1st Frame, which is just your standard 10 pin lane, with some power-ups. It also has GameCenter leaderboards and achievements.

So, when I got Polar Bowler I was slightly disappointed that there's no leaderboards, but there are alot of cool achievements. There's a great game here with enough going for it that it's an easy recommendation from me.

Richard
04-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Game Impressions

04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
This game is totally fun. I haven't found anything quite like this on the AppStore. This is a really good blend of quick arcade action and strategy.
04-05-2014, 04:49 PM
It's important to note, for fans of the original version on PC, that this is not that same game. This one is an arcade take on that old classic, by the original's developers/publishers, and it's wonderful fun on its own.
04-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
It's important to note, for fans of the original version on PC, that this is not that same game. This one is an arcade take on that old classic, by the original's developers/publishers, and it's wonderful fun on its own.
I've never played the PC version but this is expansive enough that I could have envisioned this being a port. If that version is half as fun as this I need to check it out too
04-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I've never played the PC version but this is expansive enough that I could have envisioned this being a port. If that version is half as fun as this I need to check it out too
I played the heck out of the PC version, back in the day. I brought it along through several machine updates too, though the graphics were definitely showing their age. Finally had to give it up, else play it in the teensiest of windows. I don't think they ever updated them, which is a shame. It was a great bowling game! Loads of fun!

I mentioned it simply because there are some users on the app store purchasing this, thinking it's that PC game ported, then leaving a 1 star review when they find out it's not. The game that they did release for iOS is fun enough in its own right that it deserves to be evaluated on its own merits.