★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rocket Golf released for the iPhone

08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Rocket Golf released for the iPhone

Hey guys, I just released my third game on the iPhone/iPod Touch, its called Rocket Golf. Basically a side scroller platform golf game, 2D gameplay with 3D graphics.

Here is a gameplay trailer I made - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-Ft5TVB2o.
Here is the iTunes Link - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=326169617&mt=8

I'm starting out at $0.99 and doing a release sale, but I'll eventually raise the price back to $4.99 like my other game, GL Golf.

I'd love to hear some feedback, I've subscribed to this thread so I'll respond. I take user feedback serious and thats how I get half the ideas for my updates, just check out my forum as proof - http://nuclearnova.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

Right now I'm working on a port to the Mac, I hope to have that done by the end of august for you mac users out there.
08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Looks cool

memory cards

08-17-2009, 10:43 PM
This looks like a fun take on golf.
Downloading now.

+1

Last edited by mrWalrus; 08-18-2009 at 12:51 AM.
08-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I'll buy it what the hell
08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I haven't picked this up but I can vouch for NuclearNova being a dev who listens to the community and updates his/their games.

I may pick this one up, especially after watching that video. Cool! Like mini golf with real clubs (not just a putter).

Aw heck...buying...

Here's a screenshot to show how crazy the holes can get...and this one isn't even that crazy:

Last edited by schplurg; 08-18-2009 at 12:56 PM.
08-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Wow.. It looks like Bike or Die with golf balls

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Wow.. It looks like Bike or Die with golf balls
Bike or Die with golf balls, FTW!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the support guys, I hope you enjoy it.

Hopefully I see some new names on the best rounds list when I wake up tomorrow, but for now its definitely time to get some sleep!
08-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Cool game. I have a suggestion:

- make it so your finger doesn't need to be in the way, like touch anywhere aiming. Touch the screen anywhere to bring up the arrow, then when I move it up the arrow goes up, even if I'm across the screen and below the ball...like a floating controller. Hope that makes sense. It's hard to make short shots.

But this is a really great idea. Nice work! Recommended!
08-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I guess a real quick mini-review/description might be good.

To aim your shot you simply put your finger on the screen and an arrow appears pointing from the ball to the direction of your finger. This is not like normal golf where you need to select clubs, there is only one do-it-all club.

If you point the arrow in the air that is the direction the ball will travel. If you need to putt just make it so the arrow points horizontally along the ground. The farther you are from the ball the longer the arrow gets, and, of course, the farther the ball will travel.

To shoot, just lift your finger off the screen.

The holes are sidescroller style and are pretty crazy. This is not your grandfathers golf course! There should be a few screenshots in the OP. It isn't on Appshopper yet so I pulled this pic from the devs website.

You can bounce the ball off of things pinball style. Sometimes the hole is up above your ball a good 80 feet (or whatever), and I mean directly above you. Some wild designs. Can't wait for more courses, and I know they will come because this dev delivers on his promises.