★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Star Catch Out (now Free)

08-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Star Catch Out (now Free)

Star Catch: Get Together

Star Catch: Get Together is now available on iTunes.

The objective of the game is to circle two or more of the same colored stars to release them and get points. You will receive bonus points for circling more than two stars. Each level increases in difficulty with the addition of more stars, different colored stars and stars increasing their speed. The stars will show you how they are feeling by smiling, getting mad or Oooohing and Ahhhing when you circle a bunch of stars. They want to get freed. Won’t you free them?

I don’t plan on stopping here. I have some planned updates that will add a storyline to the game and open up the game play to more than just circling stars. I am eager and hoping to get your feedback to help me shape in the right direction. I have already started work on my next update called Episode 2: Anger Management. When you circle two differently colored stars they get mad. In this update if you get them mad enough they will implode into a black hole taking other stars in the area with them.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Edit: Added Video

Craig Hinrichs

Last edited by craighinrichs; 08-17-2009 at 11:46 PM.
08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
is there any way to pause the game cause I have no idea and is anyone else have some trouble registering some touches

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Craig - Plays really nice. You should post the Youtube video of you playing it as well even if it was an earlier version - or make a new one. Everyone likes to see how it plays.

I have been playing it a few minutes.

I like the music - (always a big selling point for me) - Interface is clean. Seems like there is not much "slop" in the line drawing - miss the closed loop by a few pixels and no tomato... A bit frustrating - but maybe that will go away with a few more tried. Difficulty ramps up pretty good.
Good written dialog introducing the new levels. Looks nice.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
is there any way to pause the game cause I have no idea and is anyone else have some trouble registering some touches
There isn't a way to pause the game right now but I can add that to my next update. I am working on it right now and hope to get it submitted by the end of this week.

Thanks for trying it out and let me know if you have any additional thoughts on the game.

Craig

08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Craig - Plays really nice. You should post the Youtube video of you playing it as well even if it was an earlier version - or make a new one. Everyone likes to see how it plays.

I have been playing it a few minutes.

I like the music - (always a big selling point for me) - Interface is clean. Seems like there is not much "slop" in the line drawing - miss the closed loop by a few pixels and no tomato... A bit frustrating - but maybe that will go away with a few more tried. Difficulty ramps up pretty good.
Good written dialog introducing the new levels. Looks nice.
I have a Youtube video but it just does not look that good. I need to find a better camera and I will post one ASAP. Thanks for giving it a spin and the comments.

08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craighinrichs View Post
There isn't a way to pause the game right now but I can add that to my next update. I am working on it right now and hope to get it submitted by the end of this week.

Thanks for trying it out and let me know if you have any additional thoughts on the game.

Craig
Okay Id like to add I wish it would save the game, now on to the good parts

I do in fact love the music goes great with the theme and the sound too as they ooh and ahhs when you get more inside the circle. It does get progessively harder which I like but so far its really easy.

08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Quote:

I do in fact love the music goes great with the theme and the sound too as they ooh and ahhs when you get more inside the circle. It does get progessively harder which I like but so far its really easy.
You obviously did not have a couple of different colored stars fall in love - waiting for them to separate -waiting - its like damn man - finish already....

08-17-2009, 10:59 PM
okay how do the point system work cause somehow i got 300 for the second level yet i got 2400 bonus points

08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
You must have got some big groups or something.

Got to level 14. The stars that were left gave me a razzberry when I lost - pretty funny.

I'm already better with the line drawing. The stars speeding up makes it more challenging - Still no bonus thingies

Ah - you probably got a bonus thingy that is same color as a star, but is not a star - I have yet to see one of those... It is mentioned on the information / help screen...

I can see that achievements is something that would be good to have for this game...

08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
Quote:

Ok, I have added saving the game to the list. Thanks, I am glad you like the music. I had a lot more of the stars talking in my previous version but it was starting to annoy me so I changed it. I am thinking about giving them more of a voice as I update the game.

This version is easier and the reason was many of my beta testers have children that played the game and were frustrated because they could not get past level 3.

Craig