Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Retro Rogue (By Paul Lind)

There is an update pending for Game Center. If you are playing this on an iPad the GC button does not work but you can get into GC by pressing to the right of the GC button. (Far right bottom of your screen).

Retro Rogue is a high score/avoidance game.

ENR9XPAP4AJT
LJMMNAYEHJ37
WP9M3JFY7E9R
E9AWMLNKR3JF
7ANRLAK4TNYF
3NLP6PKRYTNW
X9LHR93K3ARN
KJ4LMJ67ERMF
HRTE6KY643NM
R3FFRR6FFXKM
H4YJRLNMJW3K
777F94TEWEL3
6XKYYJA64PM3

Last edited by BazookaTime; 04-04-2014 at 01:08 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I'm enjoying this, it reminds me of Slayin' combined with the old Pang series. Very difficult, fast and franticly short bouts of twitch platforming avoidance - never a bad thing! Good to see a few regulars on there as well!

A couple of things come to mind if there were to be any further changes done. It would be great if the boulders appeared as a ghost image for around half a second before they spawn - I've lost a lot of lives to rocks spawning on top of me which can be very hard to plan for.
It would also be nice if the cracking animation on the boulders appeared one bounce before the break so it's a little easier to plan for the space.

The only other thing is probably my ears, but the music sounds kind of dischordant and out of tune on the occasional note. It's just a personal preference obviously but it can be distracting.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as not liking the game though, it's got a really cool aesthetic and I love the gameplay, I only get fussy about games I enjoy lol. Thank you for the game, it's going to be good getting stomped all over by the TA peeps!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:40 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thank you.
HRTE6KY643NM
Old 04-04-2014, 01:47 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

It seems like it could be good but it's very hard to play with the controls. Could you please make them like Slayin so I can just slide my thumb back and forth to move rather than having to press the button every time I need to change directions.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
I'm enjoying this, it reminds me of Slayin' combined with the old Pang series. Very difficult, fast and franticly short bouts of twitch platforming avoidance - never a bad thing! Good to see a few regulars on there as well!

A couple of things come to mind if there were to be any further changes done. It would be great if the boulders appeared as a ghost image for around half a second before they spawn - I've lost a lot of lives to rocks spawning on top of me which can be very hard to plan for.
It would also be nice if the cracking animation on the boulders appeared one bounce before the break so it's a little easier to plan for the space.

The only other thing is probably my ears, but the music sounds kind of dischordant and out of tune on the occasional note. It's just a personal preference obviously but it can be distracting.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as not liking the game though, it's got a really cool aesthetic and I love the gameplay, I only get fussy about games I enjoy lol. Thank you for the game, it's going to be good getting stomped all over by the TA peeps!
Great feedback, thanks.

I write most of my own music, for this game I didn't and plan to swap it out when I have a fitting tune. Your other ideas are very doable and would be easy to implement.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:05 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
It seems like it could be good but it's very hard to play with the controls. Could you please make them like Slayin so I can just slide my thumb back and forth to move rather than having to press the button every time I need to change directions.
I played with a few control set ups and will try to work some of those in so that there are enough options for everyone. I have a control set up very similar to Slayin that I use for an upcoming game (designed after I was finished with this) that I can look at implementing.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:03 AM

Thanks for the promo code. I used WP9M3JFY7E9R . Just played for a short while and like it so far. Will try to give some more elaborate feedback when I have played some more.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:14 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Used LJMMNAYEHJ37.

Thanks!

All other codes taken.
Here there be lurkers...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Update Approved-Fixed GameCenter login issues and a jump glitch. New Music is still on the way.

RR976YYEFLTH
JR347PEA6YXL
6MPP34F7AT96
KPJ4FN6PPHYH
KXAXFXWELPF6
HF7TK49FHTH6
FW9EXJL9EMXK
J4ATYFMXA7H9
FKR9XFYTAHLP
F9YNJY9WN3R3
PEX9M6NETJXK
WAN7LXLFT6ML