★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Command [universal) $2.99 >>> $1.99.

04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: minnesota
Posts: 1,280
Star Command [universal) $2.99 >>> $1.99.



Should I buy this or FTL?
04-05-2014, 10:49 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Lancashire, England
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.sixty.four View Post


Should I buy this or FTL?
You know that there is only one answer to this question.....just 3 letters.

Star command is a neat little game, but really does not compare to the game its creators planned it to be, never mind the original game that inspired it.

FTL is the only game you need here....well worth the cash.

04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
#3
Joined: May 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 662
This game is broken. You can win simply letting you ship on fire. This is a poor FTL wannabe. It's not even worth for free.
They're just trying to cash in with people who think ftl is too expensive.
04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
This game is broken. You can win simply letting you ship on fire. This is a poor FTL wannabe. It's not even worth for free.
They're just trying to cash in with people who think ftl is too expensive.
The game isn't that bad. It's boring and linear, and you never really feel like you have control, but it's not terrible. Also the story and the pacing suck.
04-05-2014, 02:40 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: minnesota
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix24 View Post
You know that there is only one answer to this question.....just 3 letters.

Star command is a neat little game, but really does not compare to the game its creators planned it to be, never mind the original game that inspired it.

FTL is the only game you need here....well worth the cash.
I knew this would be the answer, but i figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks off the answer though!
04-05-2014, 03:22 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,673
There's some things SC does better but as a package it is not as rewarding or complete as FTL
04-05-2014, 07:10 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix24 View Post
You know that there is only one answer to this question.....just 3 letters.

Star command is a neat little game, but really does not compare to the game its creators planned it to be, never mind the original game that inspired it.

FTL is the only game you need here....well worth the cash.
Darn, FTL is one those games you'd wish you have an iPad.
04-06-2014, 01:24 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdn1042 View Post
Darn, FTL is one those games you'd wish you have an iPad.
Um, you do realize FTL is out for the iPad now, right?
04-06-2014, 06:53 AM
#9
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 167
Am I the only person in the world that really enjoyed this game??
Yeah it is just watered down ftl, but it I enjoyed the art style and story (side story mainly tbh)
I'm looking forward to the upcoming expansion, and think that this game should be given a chance.
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mry5 View Post
Am I the only person in the world that really enjoyed this game??
Yeah it is just watered down ftl, but it I enjoyed the art style and story (side story mainly tbh)
I'm looking forward to the upcoming expansion, and think that this game should be given a chance.
I enjoyed it a lot too, but it was a bit short. I really hope the much-promised expansion brings all the randomness, out teams and things like that. This game needs an infinite mode.