★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Car Mania 1.0.2: Volcano Rescue! (Now FREE)

08-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Car Mania 1.0.2: Volcano Rescue! (Now FREE)

Edit - Quick thread bump for OpenFeint 2.4 update! Lite is no longer available (it was actually shifting fewer units than the full, which was a bit backward).

Hi all,

Car Mania has just had a significant update including a hot new map! (OK that was a terrible pun...) It's still just 99c/59p/0.79, so hitting buy won't break the bank

Here's the feature list:

* New level: Volcano Rescue! Guide everyone to the safety of the waiting ships from the erupting volcano!
* New improved 'Freeway' Now with lane changing for added mayhem.
* Automatically saves your game
* Improved front end layout
* Unlocking maps & modes made easier
* Title music playable in-game
* Sound FX volume levels balanced
* Few bug fixes

And a look at the new level:

So, what does everyone think of the changes and new content? And what would you like to see in any hypothetical future updates? Enquiring game designers want to know!

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+

Last edited by Repair Drone; 02-02-2010 at 06:52 AM.
08-18-2009, 05:37 AM
This is definitely my favourite line-drawing game. Don't know what else I would want though, the game is fine. Maybe taxis picking up passengers, dropping them off, then going to the garage? I really recommend this one. Oh, just noticed that you made unlockables easier to get. I was thinking of an unlockable requiring a million cars or something, that would be fun to try and get

08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repair Drone View Post
Hi all,

Car Mania has just had a significant update including a hot new map! (OK that was a terrible pun...) It's still just 99c/59p/0.79, so hitting buy won't break the bank

Here's the feature list:

* New level: Volcano Rescue! Guide everyone to the safety of the waiting ships from the erupting volcano!
* New improved 'Freeway' Now with lane changing for added mayhem.
* Automatically saves your game
* Improved front end layout
* Unlocking maps & modes made easier
* Title music playable in-game
* Sound FX volume levels balanced
* Few bug fixes

And a look at the new level:

So, what does everyone think of the changes and new content? And what would you like to see in any hypothetical future updates? Enquiring game designers want to know!
No clue but that new map is AWESOME! The best of everything this game stands for!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I always think that the best way for developers to get customers excited is with an inflow of new content. Look at harbor master: I really didn't think it was better than flight control but with everything they've added, I hardly play FC anymore. There's something really nice about knowing that a game never stops evolving.

I think you are on the right track, I'm sure that if you announce that your app will have new maps/content every 1 to 2 weeks, you'll get people to try out your excellent game. Can't wait to try out the new map!
08-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
No clue but that new map is AWESOME! The best of everything this game stands for!
From the reaction to the train level, we guessed this would be a winner. I think this map may have the Sentinel games beaten in explosions per pixel...

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Love Origin8. Keep up the good work, new map is great btw. I can't get more than 50 though haha

Gamertag - dominator246
08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Are there online leaderboards? If so youve got a sale

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.
08-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clymos View Post
Are there online leaderboards? If so youve got a sale
it has open feint for acievements/scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
this is the best line drawing game and just another one of those great games hidden among the crap of the appstore

Playing: Real Racing, Worms, Wolfenstein RPG, Rolando 2, Minigore, Rise of the Lost Empires, Pipe Mania, Sway.
08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
As it stands does the game recognize any sort of combos? Like driving multiple green cars to their destination in a row before allowing any other colors to reach their destination (therefore breaking the combo)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews