★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You thought codestorm was hard? Welcome to codestorm : uberhard!

Building upon the pure evil difficulty of codestorm, codestorm : uberhard requires precision timing and immense concentration. You only get one chance and one chance only to veer away from each obstacle. Of course, if it all gets too much, you can still play the "classic" version, but even that's likely to make you cry like a little baby.

The premise is simple, tap to change direction of your ship as it hurtles through hyperspace and avoid the laser walls that some pesky martian villain left lying about.

In theory, this all sounds fine, however, in practice... well, practice is what you're going to need a lot of if you're going to own the leaderboards in codestorm uberhard!

codestorm uberhard features:

* NO ADS, IAP OR HIDDEN COSTS!
* classic and uberhard modes included!
* Ultra simple, one touch controls
* Ultra hard challenge (this is possibly the understatement of the decade)!
* Vibrant classic 1980s style "vector graphics" (Updated shaded visuals for uberhard mode)
* Smooth as silk 60 frames per second gameplay (iPhone 4S and above)
* Game Center leaderboards for both classic and uberhard modes
04-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Awesome, another super hexagon like game! Coolness, is this one any good?

04-07-2014, 10:02 PM
The original is super hard. This dev is completely sadistic. I could only score a 4 on the original. This game plays very differently than SH. Rather than pressing left or right, it's a one touch control setup. Basically you press once to change direction. I am not bad at SH I beat the first 3 levels but this game is insanely hard. I can't imagine how he made it harder.
04-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi!

The uber leaderboard doesn't seem to work. Got 9 on uber but gc still says 0.

Edit: Now it updated, but with my classic score not the uber score.

//P

Last edited by Pedroapan; 04-08-2014 at 01:30 AM.
04-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Omg, the first original is hard enough, will absolutely be picking this one up, esp since the first one was the nice free with no ads or iaps so am happy to support.
04-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
the original is super hard. This dev is completely sadistic.
muah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!
04-08-2014, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Hi!

The uber leaderboard doesn't seem to work. Got 9 on uber but gc still says 0.

Edit: Now it updated, but with my classic score not the uber score.

//P
Aargh! You're right! I'm passing the wrong score to the leaderboard! DOH! Was certain I'd fixed that.

I'll issue an update tonight.

Don't worry, I'll clear the leaderboards and any score you achieve now in uber mode will automatically be uploaded once the update is live and you play the game.

Sorry about that and thanks for the heads up! I'm really anal with my testing, so pretty embarrassed that slipped through!

EDIT: Bug fixed and update is uploading to the Apple Gods now. I'll try to fast track it but they'll probably consider this a fairly minor bug. Thank you so much for drawing my attention to this!!!

Last edited by POLYGAMe; 04-08-2014 at 05:30 AM.
04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLYGAMe View Post
muah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!
Honestly, any dev that comments simply with an evil laugh as their entry into a thread deserves my money!
04-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Honestly, any dev that comments simply with an evil laugh as their entry into a thread deserves my money!

In other news, the update is being expedited by Apple and is in review now, so should be live within hours. Woohoo!
04-08-2014, 04:23 PM
The update is now live, so GC leaderboards are working for both versions of the game. Thanks for the heads up'