★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What (european) Board Games would you like to see on the App store?

08-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
What (european) Board Games would you like to see on the App store?

While I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs, waiting for Settlers of Catan to come out, I figured I'd see what other complex board games people would like to see come to the App Store. And by "complex" I mean with more involved game play than "roll the dice, move the piece" found in most "american" board games such as Monopoly or Life.

Top of my list at the moment would be Roborally, although I'd love to see a port of Puerto Rico or Race for the Galaxy.

Anyone else here interested in more games like these?

Favorites: I Dig it (1 & 2), Marple, Civ Rev, Electric Box, Hellsing's Fire, Trainyard, Solomon's Keep, Space Miner, Lux, Civilization Wars, Dungeon Hunter, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Dead Space, Catan, SimCity
08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Lost Cities board game AND card game. Another Knizia classic. But don't hate on all American board games, they're not all boneheaded...just most.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Oh, I don't (hate American games that much). But we've got enough of those in the app store thanks to EA, that we don't necessarily need any more. However, I haven't found any other european type games other than Zooloretto, Catan clones, and Kinzia stuff.

Favorites: I Dig it (1 & 2), Marple, Civ Rev, Electric Box, Hellsing's Fire, Trainyard, Solomon's Keep, Space Miner, Lux, Civilization Wars, Dungeon Hunter, Rimelands: Hammer of Thor, Dead Space, Catan, SimCity
08-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Another vote for Roborally. PR would be good, but would be too complex for most users and probably wouldn't sell. Carcassonne and Ticket To Ride would also work well, and have the benefit of already being exposed to people though XBLA.

Although hopefully none of these new board game apps are made by Spin The Bottle: Zooloretto is still fundamentally broken even after the last update.
08-20-2009, 05:57 AM
Stratego

Dunno, but hopefully some kind of Stratego clone would be good for me!
08-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Talisman by Games Workshop. According to Wikipedia it was planned to release a version of this classic board game for Windows, Xbox and PS3 in 2007, but it was canceled. Maybe the iPhone could be the right platform?

Besides this, basically all board games which were awarded as "Spiel des Jahres": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiel_des_Jahres
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
RISK! Online multiplayer would be bada**

(and yes I know about Conquest, it's just not the same...)

My Personal Triforce: Video Games, Metal, and Whisky

Hit me up on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DirkRugged
08-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkRugged View Post
RISK! Online multiplayer would be bada**

(and yes I know about Conquest, it's just not the same...)
There are more than enough Risk clones in the store! And with Lux DLX we already have perfection.
09-12-2009, 02:32 PM
San Juan I'd prefer than trying to playing Puerto Rico. I already tried playing Puerto Rico on the Nintendo DS and it wasn't that fun. San Juan on the Mac is pretty fun.

I did buy iFarkle last night waste of a $1. Not even close to the fun and tension and gut gambling decisions like in Can't Stop.

Still waiting for Quoridor to come and supposedly it's "in the works" according to the IP holder.

Ticket to ride not sure it'd work. On xbla too much scrolling around. Best is probably just buy the $10 pc/mac java version though. Carcassone on xbla is great though and I highly recommend it.

Lost Cities and/or Keltis I would love to see and can't fathom why that one isn't out. Perhaps waiting for more people to upgrade to OS 3.0 so bluetooth play is common.

Samurai (Reiner Knizia's) would work great, however, the fundamental problem with that is there is no xbla equivalent on app store. So if you roll out Samurai what do you do just give it an AI with bluetooth local playability. Still no way you can replicate what they have on mabiweb.com to play Samurai. Although one would think you could with push notifications with 3.0. I say give it another year or so and we might see something like that. I know Chess for Friends I believe is turned based so I guess it's possible just saying each dev having to have a separate server is barrier to entry.

Ingenious
should be a no brainer and definitely come out with an ai and also 2 to 4 player bluetooth. There is a PC version and also a free play on the web version so the AI's have already been written.
09-12-2009, 03:25 PM
I think the following board games could work perfectly on iphone with touch gameplay and those could support a multiplayer (wi-fi or bluetooth):

Formula D
Settlers of Catan
Carcassonne
Cuba
Puerto Rico (Alea)

I would like some board games to be made as rip-off, since the following boards games can't be made because of their license:

- World of Warcraft: The Board Game (Fantasy Flight Games)
- Game of Thrones (Fantasy Flight Games)
- Descent (Fantasy Flight Games)
- Runebound (Fantasy Flight Games)

There are more, much more.
Check the websites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_board_games
http://www.boardgamecentral.com/
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/

I hope i help a littel