Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2014, 09:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Gyro Lander - Lunar Lander nostalgia

A small Indie reproduction of a classic game using the gyroscope as game input. The look and feel is aimed to be laidback and retro, whereas the game itself is dead hard to master.

Gyro Lander in App Store

Developer homepage

Description:

In Gyro Lander you navigate your spaceship's descent on a foreign world. You operate the spaceship with the phone's gyroscope, turning your phone to set the angle of the ship and touching the screen to engage the thrusters. Carefully weigh your use of your thruster, use too little and you will crash, use too much and you have no fuel left for your next landing. As you proceed through the levels the terrain gets rougher and you will start further from the landing pad.

Gyro Lander is faithful recreation of the classic Lunar Lander game, but introduces a novel way of controlling, where the phone's gyroscope is used as a direct and intuitive control for the angle of the spaceship. Using the gyro directly gives a superior mode of control, allowing the user intuitive and fast maneuverability.

I hope you will enjoy this little game.

Go land on them moons, you!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:05 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This is a great little game! Gyroscope controls are spot on and difficulty is very well balanced. I also dig the art style. I love little games like this, it's a shining example of how you can take a simple premise and make it fun for a quick dose of gaming. Can't beat the price either
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

@Grimstone82: Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you find the level of difficulty suiting, many of my testers before releasing felt the game was too hard, but I was convinced that it was just them that were bad .

/harbop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
This is a great little game! Gyroscope controls are spot on and difficulty is very well balanced. I also dig the art style. I love little games like this, it's a shining example of how you can take a simple premise and make it fun for a quick dose of gaming. Can't beat the price either
Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbop View Post
@Grimstone82: Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you find the level of difficulty suiting, many of my testers before releasing felt the game was too hard, but I was convinced that it was just them that were bad .

/harbop
At first I thought it was hard but once you figure out the mechanics/physics of it, it's certainly doable. It's challenging but by no means impossible. So yeah, I'm in agreement with you- must have been them that were bad Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. Again, it's a great game!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I just saw that my personal best in Game Center was beaten, so it would seem that the difficulty is manageable!

Let that be a challenge to all of you, beat 22 landings! (spoiler: there is a fuel bonus for every 10 landings!).