Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Developer

Default Smacky Cars (by Capedy LLC)

Smacky Cars is now available for FREE in the App Store for all iOS devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch:

Experience the thrill and extreme challenge of the most addicting game to come along since Flappy Bird. This retro pixel art race car game puts you in control as you use one touch controls to dodge speeding cars. But don't let the fun pixel graphics fool you, this car game is a challenge!

How To Play:
Tap left or right to switch lanes. It's simple, challenging and very addicting.
- Fun Retro Pixel Graphics
- Simple One Touch Controls
- Like Flappy Bird, But For Cars!

Please check it out and let me know how you like it!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:40 AM

When will people stop copying the stupid gameplay to try and score more downloads... There must be hundreds of flappy clones available now, it doesn't work anymore. The association won't get you more exposure. Instead, all you have right now is a game viewers will immediately label as just another cheap copy made after a crappy game that people only played because it was popular (and now it's gone).

There was never any long term value to Flappy Bird and there's even less value in any one of the countless copies that's "different" for this reason or that one.

But good luck to you, I'm sure you'll do great (cough).
Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Developer

AppsVerdict did you play the game? This is not a Flappy Bird clone!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capedy_Toni View Post
- Like Flappy Bird, But For Cars!
lol...
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppsVerdict View Post
When will people stop copying the stupid gameplay to try and score more downloads... There must be hundreds of flappy clones available now, it doesn't work anymore. The association won't get you more exposure. Instead, all you have right now is a game viewers will immediately label as just another cheap copy made after a crappy game that people only played because it was popular (and now it's gone).

There was never any long term value to Flappy Bird and there's even less value in any one of the countless copies that's "different" for this reason or that one.

Hey man, don't be a jerk. At least this game puts its own spin on the mechanic, with nice pixel graphics. That's more than I can say for the lazy developers who flood the App Store with crappy reskinned clones

Although I do think the reception here would have been better if the dev hadn't made a comparison to FB and just presented the game as a one touch twitch game

Edit: and you run a review site? I'd expect someone who reviews game to be able to show some more objectivity rather than making some broad generalization

Last edited by Bronxsta; 04-08-2014 at 12:22 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Hey man, don't be a jerk. At least this game puts its own spin on the mechanic, with nice pixel graphics. That's more than I can say for the lazy developers who flood the App Store with crappy reskinned clones

Although I do think the reception here would have been better if the dev hadn't made a comparison to FB and just presented the game as one touch twitch game

Edit: and you run a review site? I'd expect someone who reviews game to be able to show some more objectivity rather than making some broad generalization
Just because I write reviews doesn't mean I am fundamentally objective. As long as it's an opinion, not a review, I think subjective statements, if anything, are even more appropriate.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppsVerdict View Post

You really should take 148apps out of your signature if you're going to post stuff like that. I'm not sure Jeff would want you dragging down the reputation of his site being a shit for no reason.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Yeah, this plays nothing like Flappy Bird at all. It's lane based evasion, tap left to move left, right to move right. Fast and twitchy. Not going to win any awards, but it's fun and challenging and has the usual "one more go" appeal that these kind of games tend to have. I like the little detail of the cars piling up when you crash.

Best score so far is 43

@Capedy_Toni - why did you feel the need to compare your game to Flappy Bird? In terms of visuals and gameplay, the two games are nothing alike.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Developer

Thank you guys for backing me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
@Capedy_Toni - why did you feel the need to compare your game to Flappy Bird? In terms of visuals and gameplay, the two games are nothing alike.
You are right, I probably shouldn't have, the reason I did was I felt the game is hard to play (even that I am thinking it should be harder), has retro graphics, it's simple to play yet challenging. I thought it might be useful for the promotion but with all the Flappy Bird clones that might not even help.

It is hard to be 100% objective for the own game but everybody seems to like it from what I am hearing during the last couple days. Now I need to get the hardest part working, the promotion.

What do you guys think of the game?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Seems good, it's a lot like all of these super simple free mini games being released lately. It's not changing my life, but I'm having fun with it and don't have a problem filing it in with the other similar games on my phone.