• Publisher: MLB.com
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 320.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (1)
App description: "R.B.I. Baseball '14 is here in all its simple, perfect glory" -Yahoo Sports
"R.B.I. Baseball could become an instant classic." -Bleacher Report
"I am wildly excited about the relaunch of R.B.I. Baseball" -Seth Meyers
"Within a single exhibition game of R.B.I. 14, we got into it." -Polygon
"The game is super fun. They've done a terrific job with it." -Sports on Earth
"Pure arcade fun, look no further" -Pocket Gamer

Simple. Fun. Classic. The retro baseball gameplay youve been craving is back and updated with modern graphics, 2014 players and all 30 MLB teams. Play Season, Postseason and Exhibition modes. Experience PURE FUN that everyone can enjoy on the go!

- Full game complete with all 30 MLB teams and 480 current MLB players
- Play entire 9 inning games in under 20 minutes
- Easy-to-use classic controls, two buttons to manage gameplay
- Player characteristics based on real stats
- Unlock special retro jerseys by completing custom team challenges in season mode

REQUIREMENTS NOTICE: R.B.I. Baseball 14 is compatible with the following devices: iPad 3, 4, Air, and Mini; iPhone 4S, 5, 5c, 5s, 6 and 6 Plus; and iPod Touch 5th Gen. Please make sure your device is supported before downloading.

Please Note, if you are experiencing issues on older devices such as iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, or iPhone 4/4s, please close all background apps and then restart your device to free up resources. If you continue to experience issues, we are here to help, please contact us at the following support link: http://mlbrnt.harte-hanks.com/mobile/forms/websubmission2.aspx

2014 MLB.com. All rights reserved. MLBPA-Official Licensee, Major League Baseball Players Association. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

F34R's comments:
Finally!!!

I've been trying to patiently wait for the release lol.

04-09-2014, 06:11 AM
I'm going to download this tonight after work. In the meantime any first impressions? Does it actually have the classic feel of RBI 1 or RBI 3 which are in my mind the best in the series?

04-09-2014, 06:36 AM
Oh please have GC and achievements...
04-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Oh please have GC and achievements...
It does have Gamecenter and 16 achievements. Also keeps leaderboards for wins.

Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
04-09-2014, 06:48 AM
I've never downloaded something so fast in my life . Been checking forums since 4 am
04-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
It does have Gamecenter and 16 achievements. Also keeps leaderboards for wins.
Awesome! Thanks for quick response and totally downloading now!
And by now, I mean once available in N. America!

Last edited by Mr. Charley; 04-09-2014 at 07:03 AM.
04-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Today's getting expensive...

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
04-09-2014, 07:14 AM
this is out in North America now
04-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Very impressed with arcade gameplay and great graphics. However, this game is lacking a few major things for a mobile baseball game. 1. We NEED some way to save our progress in the middle of a 9 inning game. If we're on mobiles, we don't always have 30 minutes to play! 2. It would also be very helpful to be able to set game length from 3, 6, to 9 innings. That way we wouldn't have to save in the middle as much. And 3. The ball physics don't make sense. Hitting a ground ball through a gap starts slow and gets faster and never slows down no matter how far it rolls.

Mainly though I just really NEED to save progress mid game.
04-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Very impressed with arcade gameplay and great graphics. However, this game is lacking a few major things for a mobile baseball game. 1. We NEED some way to save our progress in the middle of a 9 inning game. If we're on mobiles, we don't always have 30 minutes to play!...

Mainly though I just really NEED to save progress mid game.
Couldn't agree more. I'll wait for an in-game save feature before buying.