★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: what types of games do you want do see?

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Very simple gaming (tic-tac-toe....) 1 2.63%
Games similar to internet flash games 6 15.79%
In depth, computer like games 12 31.58%
I need variety 19 50.00%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll
12-14-2008, 12:56 PM
what types of games do you want do see?

There is and incredible variety of games in the appstore. But I have been drawn the most by games similar to those in miniclip or other minigame sites. Amateur surgen recently came out and I thought "this is what iphone gaming should be about". And I was just curious what do people in this forum prefer: simple games like tic tac toe, connect 4....? More in depth games like 1112, probably simcity, BIA, HOS......? Or games similar to flash versions found in internet gaming sites?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I would love to see a good fighting game.

12-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
I would love to see a good fighting game.
what do you mean by "good" a fighing game with many stages and graphics similar to BIA. A fighting game similar to those in miniclip. Or...well you can't make a fighting game very simple.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Flash games ftw. I want so many flash based games that are perfect for iPhone. They are really fun and high quality games. I just want a game similar to Max Dirt Bike. What is taking so long devs??! It is a simple idea, and should be easy to port over. Perfect for either touch or tilt controls (or combination of both).
12-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm a retro arcade nut and have a lot of the retro titles like Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger, (the controls for Frogger need fixed!) Break Out, and Centipede. With that said I'd love to see some more retro titles come out. There is one in particular I think would play perfectly well on the Apple mobile platform and that's Q*Bert. Give Q*Bert the same swipe controls as Pac-Man and you would have the perfect control system for a home version of Q*Bert. Unlike d-pads, the touch screen would be easy to swipe on diagonals.
12-14-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm still waiting for a Sonic the Hedgehog game from Sega, but not the old version that came out for the click-wheel iPods, but a new one, kinda like Sonic Advance... I'm a Hedgehog fanboy
12-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I wanna see a good mario-esq platforming game with good controls, a good RPG preferably something like that Zelda game that came out on DS, Bowman (I think bowman would be awesome on iPhone so if anyone wants to make it I'll gladly buy it), a good point and click game (Sam and Max anyone?), a good FPS (hoping for zombie mangle), Max Dirt Bike, and Worms. If all of these were made I would buy eat my socks (and, of course, buy them).
12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Definetly flash type games and...Face Shooters! (surprise)
I get bored fast, so I like games with high scores. Stuff u can pull out of my pocket and play for a few minutes, and not worry about losing progress.
Ok back to Blast! I gotta get a 50 combo!!!
12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I would like to see decent ports.. Final Fantasy for iPhone would be SOO nice.. Or Track mania for iPhone
12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I'm still waiting for a Sonic the Hedgehog game from Sega, but not the old version that came out for the click-wheel iPods, but a new one, kinda like Sonic Advance... I'm a Hedgehog fanboy
I want Sonic on iPhone too, but 3D (Sonic Adventure style or action stages from Unleashed) with controls like Snail Mail!

Overall, i'd say variety is best. We need a good mix of cheap $1 puzzle games and $10 in depth, high quality games.