• Publisher: Yamago
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 57.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.9
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Hilomi, the game's heroine, needs your help to travel through her unusual world and take pictures to complete her wildlife photography collection!
To help her, you have the environment at your fingertips: move earth, create bridges, dig tunnels, command fire and water, and more!

Meet Ratter, Adoradish, Tortokale and many other cute animals and snap them all to fulfill Hilomi's photo album through 5 unique worlds!

The game is easy to understand and to master, but don't rely on that too much..! The real nub starts after the explanations of the terrain transformation basics ;)

Hilomi is available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch!

---

5/5 "Must-have!! - Easy, fun and cute!!"

5/5 "Makes you think, yet so entertaining! - Love the graphics and animation. Cute characters, catchy music, fun puzzling levels. Try it!"

"FLUFFY, CUTE, AND COLORFUL Hilomi is a casual puzzle-platformer that resonates of playful charm and an arsenal of childish cuteness" (148apps.com)

"Hilomi is clever in a sweet, good-natured way. It never rubs its brain smarts in your face, but its puzzles are sharp enough to offer a decent challenge" (pocketgamer.co.uk)

---

The game currently includes 100 original levels across 5 worlds. The first 3 worlds (60 levels) are available for free. Each level won unlocks the next one, and fully complete levels by filling the photo album with new animals unlocks the next world. It's also possible to unlock these worlds with real money, even without the required amount of photos. If you don't want to use this feature, you can turn it off by disabling in-app purchases in your device's settings.

---

We would like to thank the CNC and Adobe for their support through the development of the game, and a big and warm THANK YOU goes out to all Hilomi players!

Discover the video trailer of the game on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS4FFm4J_-U

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news and to let us know your thoughts, difficulties or suggestions, we would love to hear from you!
https://www.facebook.com/HilomiGame
https://twitter.com/HilomiGame

---

Hilomi is an indie puzzle game, based on a platform environment. The game has been developed with Adobe AIR and Starling by studio Yamago (Paris, France).

Hilomi started out with a prototype developed by two students supported by Yamago for the Microsoft Imagine Cup 2011 contest, where the game won a total of 3 awards:
- "Silver Medal France - Mobile Game Design category" at Imagine Cup 2011 (Paris)
- "Silver Medal World - Mobile Game Design category" at Imagine Cup 2011 (New York)
- "Jeuxvideo.fr Reader's Choice" at Imagine Cup 2011

More recently, Hilomi's preview has also been acclaimed by the critics:
- "Indie Prize Showcase Selection" at Casual Connect Europe 2014
- "Indie Prize Top-5 Game critic's choice" at Casual Connect Europe 2014

PeteOzzy's comments:

04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm really liking the cutesy visuals in this one and the game plays a little like a few classics I've played such as Burger Cat so I'm easing into it slowly but enjoying my time. It's a simple but smart puzzle platformer with lots of charm and should go down well with the whole family too. Seems to be an IAP unlock as well, so no shady freemium aspects at least!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

04-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the post!

Thank you Pete for the post and the review : it is really good to read your impressions!

Thank you Sanuku for this great gameplay video!
04-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Intrigued, from the video it reminds me of Toki Tori.
04-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Downloading now. I like the cutesy artwork and the idea of collecting pics of different animals.
04-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Downloaded thanks to sinkorswim's GOTW nom. The first world is a bit too hand-holdy for my liking, but the second really makes you think and is far more enjoyable.

IAP-wise, there's a $0.99 IAP to remove ads, which are fairly unobtrusive between levels anyway.

There are also IAPs to unlock individual worlds early for $1.99, or all worlds for $2.99. These aren't required though. All worlds are unlockable simply by playing through the earlier levels.

Edit: seems like a purchase is required for worlds 4 and 5 - see my later post.

Last edited by mr_bez; 04-13-2014 at 04:53 PM.
04-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Game Impressions

Hangs on iPad Air after each solved level. You have to kill it and restart.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-13-2014, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Hangs on iPad Air after each solved level. You have to kill it and restart.
Turn off weblock or play in airplane mode.
04-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Downloaded thanks to sinkorswim's GOTW nom. The first world is a bit too hand-holdy for my liking, but the second really makes you think and is far more enjoyable.

IAP-wise, there's a $0.99 IAP to remove ads, which are fairly unobtrusive between levels anyway.

There are also IAPs to unlock individual worlds early for $1.99, or all worlds for $2.99. These aren't required though. All worlds are unlockable simply by playing through the earlier levels.
Agree that this is a nice puzzler starting from the second world. Some puzzles really require some xperimenting to figure them out. The three-star system is turned into a three-(photo)flash "collecting" system kind of, which is a nice take on it and must be interesting for kids, but doesn't get in the way at all of me (grown up) enjoying the game. And I'd actually say that difficulty level is not aimed at kids.

About unlocking: I am stuck now after the third world. I have perfect scores on all levels of Hazardous Hills, Lopsided Lake and Wiggly Woods, but Daedalian Dunes is still locked. It could be intentional to make me spend some money or because I played the end of LL and a big part of WW in airplane mode (I really was on a plane ). But then again, unlock a next world should not depend on connectivity, right?

An idea for the dev: add panning around with one finger touch when the finger touches the background (not any game elements). Two finger panning works of course, but I prefer to use one finger (call me lazy?)