★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top-Secret-AppStore Experiment

08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Top-Secret-AppStore Experiment

We all know the AppStore Review team sucks. Hard. Whether it's because it takes three months to review an app or because it refuses others for pointless reasons. Or maybe because it lets crap-tacular apps through. Anyways, I have a little experiment to test out Apple's review team.

The project would go like this: Someone with basic coding skills make the MOST RIDICULOUS app that you possible could. Make something like 'My Fuhrer' and make it be just an app carrying pictures of Hitler, or make a Dead Baby Joke Generator or, well, I dunno. The point is to make it as ridiculous as possible while putting almost no effort whatsoever into the app. If someone has the courage to publish it to the AppStore (I'm looking at you saintsalive or slapshot), we could all find out really what the hell goes on inside the AppStore Review Warehouse.

If the game was rejected, then we would tweak little things to see if it gets fixed or not. Anyways, what the project is about is to see if the AppStore is actually learning from its mistakes (Baby Shaker, Copyrighted items, etc.) or if just goes in through one ear and out the other. Let's see what the AppStore review team is made of once and for all.

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
What about a game called "The Granny Smith game" where the icon is suspiciously close to an apple with a bite out of it, and the app consists of a steaming pile of dung you tap to get soundbites like, "I'm sorry, we can't approve this app in its current state", or, "Please redesign your menu system and resubmit at a later time"? The instructions could prompt you to "bop the chocolate for fun phrases!"

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!

08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey, BR, maybe you can change the title of this thread because I almost didn't read it due to not being a programmer. I was intrigued by the "experiment" line...

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
08-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
This seems interesting
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know how to change the title...

Quote:
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
08-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Rider View Post
I don't know how to change the title...
You may have to PM a mod. It's no big deal, just a thought.

08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Hopefully someone comes along and decides to help. The main thing is it has to be simple and controversial. If they're really into the project though, they could make a stem cell game where they slice a fetus and them tap on the cells that pop out...

Quote:
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
If "Granny Smith" isn't controversial enough, how about "Pocket Athiest" where two tribes of "savages" wage war and kill each other over and over, and you as God can do nothing since you don't exist. No tapping, no interacting, just observing.

08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Funny, but probably not simple unless you take war video and just make it that with an instruction screen.

Quote:
08-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilian Rider View Post
Funny, but probably not simple unless you take war video and just make it that with an instruction screen.
No, I just mean crappy little Pocket God pygmy knockoffs throwing spears at each other. The graphics would be awful...I'm assuming that's kind of the point.